I hate QB Online with all my heart

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Any small business owners use something other than that POS for accounting and payroll? I need some recommendations.

My desktop QB was perfectly fine, then QB decided it didn't want to do payroll updates anymore and forced me into QBO. My GOD it is so poorly designed I'd almost rather shut down than deal with their bullshit. Setting the damn thing up was just amazingly frustrating, and now I'm trying to find a merchant service deposit and....mmmm....nope. I ask in their "help" :roflmao: feature and it gives me all kinds of crap results having nothing to do with the question I asked.

In the QB help forum it says "Go to your Banking menu..." Yeah, there is no Banking menu.

WTAF???

TPD

the poor dad
I have been searching for a QB alternative to no avail. They tried pushing me to online but after a phone call, they let me know I could keep desktop but I’m now paying over $600 a year for that privilege plus more than $600 per year for the payroll option. Ridiculous! And each release gets more bloated with features I will never use and gets slower. Quickbooks is the mafia of financial accounting for small business owners.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Don't know anything about them but I know how frustration the makers of "Quicken" which i used to use, can be to resolve any issues.

Found this...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My understanding is that it's so convoluted to navigate that you'll pay a bookkeeper, even for a small simple business.

phreddyp

Any small business owners use something other than that POS for accounting and payroll? I need some recommendations.

My desktop QB was perfectly fine, then QB decided it didn't want to do payroll updates anymore and forced me into QBO. My GOD it is so poorly designed I'd almost rather shut down than deal with their bullshit. Setting the damn thing up was just amazingly frustrating, and now I'm trying to find a merchant service deposit and....mmmm....nope. I ask in their "help" :roflmao: feature and it gives me all kinds of crap results having nothing to do with the question I asked.

In the QB help forum it says "Go to your Banking menu..." Yeah, there is no Banking menu.

WTAF???
I feel for you, I hated QuickBooks! I had a company called FIS as my 1st accounting software extremely easy to operate a small business from, then QuickBooks bought them, then the games began.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I feel for you, I hated QuickBooks! I had a company called FIS as my 1st accounting software extremely easy to operate a small business from, then QuickBooks bought them, then the games began.

Intuits signature move.

Buy it. Destroy it. Substitute Intuits inferior product and tell the customer to GFT.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Intuits signature move.

Buy it. Destroy it. Substitute Intuits inferior product and tell the customer to GFT.

Pretty much. If Congress wants to pass nanny laws against predators, this is another company they should consider while they're going after Google and Apple.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Pretty much. If Congress wants to pass nanny laws against predators, this is another company they should consider while they're going after Google and Apple.
They've been on my #### list since the 90s when they bought Parsons Technology and scrapped the only tax software on the market that wasn't riddled with errors.

Very next tax year, Turbo Tax had all the features that were in Personal Tax Edge but still incorporated all of Turbo Taxes errors. :lmao: