I hate summer here.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
Yummy...

I've got an outdoor kitchen set up on the back porch - keeps that heat outside, but working with no AC - got a fan on HIGH! And yes, they will be delish this winter.

:yahoo::love:

:love:

Don't forget that you have a very nice pool to jump into to cool off after working your butt off! :buddies:

I got some Ortho Ground Clear instead of the Roundup this time. Cost is roughly the same by the time you mix it, but I found I could use 1/2 the amount called for and it still does a great job. It's supposed to kill anything and prevent new growth for a year. So far, it's been 6 months on the areas I treated with no new growth. It doesn't work quite as quickly as Roundup. It also seems to have a problem with one particular annual grass, just doesn't kill it off, but nothing else survives.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Needed to cut the grass. One spot was too tall for the hand mower, so I used the tractor to 'trim' it. Caught the deck on something, now it makes a funny noise. :doh:

Went to start the hand mower. Pulled the cord, ran for 2 seconds and quit with water spitting out the exhaust. :doh: Ok, maybe it will start anyway. Give it a couple of tugs, cord breaks. :doh: Ok, had it since 1984 and that's the first thing to break.

Back on the tractor, finish the front yard. Decide to trim back some brush. Got the saw and clippers, started hacking. Soon realized it was WAY to humid to be doing this. Also soon realized I was eaten alive by skeeters. :grrrrrr: :itchy: :doh:

Any bets I come down with some weird debilitating illness in the next few days?

I cannot wait for the fall.

It was terrible, horrible, no good very bad, hot & humid where I was this weekend with Thing2. He had an event with his youth group and we spent the whole weekend in a heavily wooded area. Several of their activities took place outside on Sunday & it was nearly unbearable out in the sun. Thank goodness for shade in the woods!

:yahoo: But, I'm glad to be back in the A/C, as my eyes are having major allergic reactions to something in the air out there. it's been building all summer - so I've got a dr. appt. on the 16th with Dr. Fears.

It was terrible, horrible, no good very bad, hot & humid where I was this weekend with Thing2. He had an event with his youth group and we spent the whole weekend in a heavily wooded area. Several of their activities took place outside on Sunday & it was nearly unbearable out in the sun. Thank goodness for shade in the woods!

:yahoo: But, I'm glad to be back in the A/C, as my eyes are having major allergic reactions to something in the air out there. it's been building all summer - so I've got a dr. appt. on the 16th with Dr. Fears.

Check the reports and threads for the fires in VA. The smoke was so thick here it looked like fog, and could be seen and smelled as far north as Dunkirk.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Check the reports and threads for the fires in VA. The smoke was so thick here it looked like fog, and could be seen and smelled as far north as Dunkirk.

I heard about that today. I missed all the smoky smells today - I was inside at work all day. But there wasn't anything like that in the air over the weekend. We'd have known it and others probably would have been sensitive to it. I've actually been battling this off/on all summer & it seemed to get worse the nearer to the trees/woods I got. :cds: I've been taking 2 kinds of OTC antihistamines round the clock.

unixpirate

Pitty Party
Needed to cut the grass. One spot was too tall for the hand mower, so I used the tractor to 'trim' it. Caught the deck on something, now it makes a funny noise. :doh:

Went to start the hand mower. Pulled the cord, ran for 2 seconds and quit with water spitting out the exhaust. :doh: Ok, maybe it will start anyway. Give it a couple of tugs, cord breaks. :doh: Ok, had it since 1984 and that's the first thing to break.

Back on the tractor, finish the front yard. Decide to trim back some brush. Got the saw and clippers, started hacking. Soon realized it was WAY to humid to be doing this. Also soon realized I was eaten alive by skeeters. :grrrrrr: :itchy: :doh:

Any bets I come down with some weird debilitating illness in the next few days?

I cannot wait for the fall.

You could have 6 tons of gravel as a yard and think it's beautiful. :howdy: