I hate the stupid Yankees...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The stupid Yankees didn't walk two with no one out in the 8th. And they didn't have their lead off runner picked clean in the bottom half.

:shrug:

I don't like them either but, if you're going to beat the Evil Empire, the less mistakes, the better.

:buddies:

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
Basebore sucks anyway ...

This is about the only time of year I pay any attention to it what so ever......oh yea, I hate the Yankee's as well.
They do have it figure out though; don't follow the guidelines and consistantly go over the salary cap year after year and just pay the fine. The cap was put in to help the small market teams compete and the Yanks say F the cap and keep winning.........who says money can't buy championships....

Otter

Nothing to see here
The stupid Yankees didn't walk two with no one out in the 8th. And they didn't have their lead off runner picked clean in the bottom half.

:shrug:

I don't like them either but, if you're going to beat the Evil Empire, the less mistakes, the better.

:buddies:

:truethat:

Ticked me off, saw online that the score was 5-1, so I turned it on TV..Rangers choked big time, players and manager/coaches. We'll see which way it goes now, will it light a fire under them for losing that game or will they go meekly home for the winter.

NLCS is an afterthought to me, don't like either team.

BuddyLee

Football addict
This is about the only time of year I pay any attention to it what so ever......oh yea, I hate the Yankee's as well.
They do have it figure out though; don't follow the guidelines and consistantly go over the salary cap year after year and just pay the fine. The cap was put in to help the small market teams compete and the Yanks say F the cap and keep winning.........who says money can't buy championships....
People speak as if there is a salary cap in baseball. There's not. If there was an actual salary cap, teams wouldn't be able to pay a "fine". Do as most leagues do, abide by the salary cap or don't play ball.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
People speak as if there is a salary cap in baseball. There's not. If there was an actual salary cap, teams wouldn't be able to pay a "fine". Do as most leagues do, abide by the salary cap or don't play ball.

If I liked MLB I would search how many teams are actually over the cap but I'm not that worried about it. I just hate the Yankee's, not enough to wish their team plane crashes but syphilis - yeah, hope they all get it. :buddies:

BuddyLee

Football addict
If I liked MLB I would search how many teams are actually over the cap but I'm not that worried about it. I just hate the Yankee's, not enough to wish their team plane crashes but syphilis - yeah, hope they all get it. :buddies:
I would probably enjoy baseball more if there was actually a cap. Until then it's a monopolization.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Are you happy now? Way to go Texas, 1st World Series appearance in franchise history.

donbarzini

ummmmmmmm.........................I'll take Daniel Snyder for $300 Alex.

donbarzini

Why should there BE a salary cap? And don't give me the small market vs big market argument. Please.

Point #1: They give the Royals and Pirates their share of the "fines" that Steinbrenner, Harrington and Moreno pay, ostensibly to upgrade some facet of their respective teams. Be it player development, scouting, etc.... Neither team used that money for the purpose of improving the product on the field.

Point #2: If you can't afford to field a competitive team; take your ball and go the #### home. Then sell the team and go join the Ice Capades.