I hope he steals the judge's car

PeoplesElbow

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

A simple solution. Though it does take some personal responsibility to actually follow though with putting it on.

1684008962572.png

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB

LightRoasted

If I may ...

Haven't seen one of these in ages. Would probably work today because so few people actually use them, back in the day they would bring cutters for the steering wheel to get these off.

Well it's either that or installing a inline fuel cutoff valve somewhere along the fuel delivery system. Think Mad Max style.

Clem72

Saw one inventive guy who put tack strips inside the door handles. Unsuspecting thieves got a handful of punctures.
I would end up jabbing myself once a week if I did this. My old man had a unique approach to car security based around the fact that he would always lose his keys. He disabled the locks throughout the car and had a button under the wheel well that would unlock the door, a rocker switch that connected the battery under the dash, and another hidden button to start the car. He had additional dead-man switches if he was going to leave his car somewhere long term.

Clem72

Well it's either that or installing a inline fuel cutoff valve somewhere along the fuel delivery system. Think Mad Max style.
My dad put those on everything. The cars, the lawn tractors, the weed wacker, etc. But I think most of the time it was just his preferred way to store them (cutoff the gas then run till it dies).

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Saw an ad for a clever device. Cut the wire going to the starter relay and insert an anti-theft device. Uses up to 3 buttons which have to be pressed in the right sequence within a time window to allow the starter to work. Even if you have the physical key or fob, without the right button sequence it will not start.

Thieves are all about doing it quickly. If it takes more than a few seconds to figure it out, they will move on.

LightRoasted

If I may ...

My dad put those on everything. The cars, the lawn tractors, the weed wacker, etc. But I think most of the time it was just his preferred way to store them (cutoff the gas then run till it dies).

Put one on my riding lawn mower. Got tired of the darn carb fuel shut off solenoid not working and leaking gas into the cylinder causing hydrolock every time I went to start it. Cheaper to install that inline valve than repair the the thing.

1stGenSMIB

I would end up jabbing myself once a week if I did this. My old man had a unique approach to car security based around the fact that he would always lose his keys. He disabled the locks throughout the car and had a button under the wheel well that would unlock the door, a rocker switch that connected the battery under the dash, and another hidden button to start the car. He had additional dead-man switches if he was going to leave his car somewhere long term.
Biff was doing that in 1955!

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Saw one inventive guy who put tack strips inside the door handles. Unsuspecting thieves got a handful of punctures.
When I was in military college, we had a sign on our door with our name and in/out status.
Another cadet on my floor would swipe it off. I reapplied it to the door with razor blades taped to the back.
He needed 10 stitches to his fingertips next time.

DannyMotorcycle

Pull fuse for fuel pump.. run wires to the fuse box.. have inline fuse and cut off switch... if they can get the car to crank they will see it's not starting and think ti's broken and just leave it.