I hope pro sports never comes back

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
MLB is trying to put something together to get a partial season in but there is pushback from the players not wanting a small cut in pay. I say MLB should declare bankruptcy and cut off all the players pay. :yay:
Because the strike in 94 worked so well for baseball’s popularity.

Reactions: BOP

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'd like to see people supporting their local teams. Minor league and AL baseball games are a blast and way more fun than hauling up to Camden Yards, paying those crazy prices, and having to deal with the unruly crowds/traffic. I'd rather go to a Blue Crabs or Baysox game any day.

I used to love to go see the Icebreakers and was sorry that the area and the media wouldn't support them.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I'd like to see people supporting their local teams. Minor league and AL baseball games are a blast and way more fun than hauling up to Camden Yards, paying those crazy prices, and having to deal with the unruly crowds/traffic. I'd rather go to a Blue Crabs or Baysox game any day.

I used to love to go see the Icebreakers and was sorry that the area and the media wouldn't support them.
We used to go to all the Icebreakers games. Loved that. I was so sad to see them go. Once we had kids we started the yearly tradition of going to Hershey to see the Bears play over Easter weekend. Got canceled this year due to Covid19.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
The cool documentaries and specials ESPN has been running are better anyway. All those effers could go broke in a gutter for all I care.
You mean, mean old lady.
I make some good money during football season.
Football pool $$$$$$.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
MLB is trying to put something together to get a partial season in but there is pushback from the players not wanting a small cut in pay. I say MLB should declare bankruptcy and cut off all the players pay. :yay:
I heard that the other day. I can't believe they would actually push that agenda right now! :lol: Nearly every business in the country has taken a hit -which means people who buy tickets will probably have less disposable income. What makes them feel so entitled? WTF do they think buys the tickets that pay their salaries?!

Talk about tone deaf.

Reactions: BOP

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I hope they come back, but the whining about the salaries is pathetic.

baxter

They are all overpaid. Funny how the professional athletes don't give a damn about the fans, until there are no fans and they are forced to take a pay cut