" I just don't want a poor person " in charge

hotbikermama40

You really need to learn how to use the quotes.

I'm a Mason - you've never heard of Shriner's Hospitals? St. Jude's?
The fact is, the bulk of the needs of our people were mostly met by kind caring people. Somewhere along the line, people decided that more and more people needed more and more needs met, such that now they are unable or unwilling to do what it takes to free themselves from it.
We have generations now living cradle to grave, wholly dependent on government largess, and it is destroying them.
I understand the responsibility of a government to do for its people what they CANNOT do for themselves.

The legitimate object of government is to do for a community of people whatever they need to have done, but cannot do at all, or cannot so well do, for themselves in their separate and individual capacities. -- Abraham Lincoln.

So - I get it. No one is shutting down care for our veterans. No one is killing health care for those with pre-existing conditions no matter what the leftie propaganda machine pumps into your skull. If you think it IS, you're making it up out of thin air.

And I know all about the care of persons born disabled. I adopted two of them.

:smooch: every day I'm grateful there are people like you in our world

PeoplesElbow

You do know that this so-called "most experienced candidate ever" lost to that "vulgar reality show host"? :lol:

Experience at ####ing things up doesn't exactly count does it?

If that was the case Jeff Fisher and Lane Kiffin would be the best coaches in the NFL.

PeoplesElbow

This whole most experienced candidate in history is a load of ####, just in my life time I can think of all the losing presidential canidates and those that had more experience than Hillary: Mitt Romney (everything he did he was a success at btw), Al Gore, Bob Dole, Walter Mondale, Jimmy Carter (he actually was president btw), George HW Bush (also actually was president). I will put Hillary and McCain on even footing since, but I still think Navy Officer and his senior status in the Senate (got him on more important committees) trumps 4 years as Secretary of State.

Maybe she was more experienced than Michael Dukakis.

Hijinx

This whole most experienced candidate in history is a load of ####, just in my life time I can think of all the losing presidential canidates and those that had more experience than Hillary: Mitt Romney (everything he did he was a success at btw), Al Gore, Bob Dole, Walter Mondale, Jimmy Carter (he actually was president btw), George HW Bush (also actually was president). I will put Hillary and McCain on even footing since, but I still think Navy Officer and his senior status in the Senate (got him on more important committees) trumps 4 years as Secretary of State.

Maybe she was more experienced than Michael Dukakis.

When one looks at Hillary's experience it does not yield much of anything worth having.
Geez Whitewater, letting her husband screw anything that walks,raping his way along if that's what it took,her little wade into the health care business she totally failed at.
The reset button,FBI files she hid, 4 men killed in Benghazi,emails and her total lack of intelligence about intelligence.

And this is just a short list. Experienced??? Yes so is a Vegas whore, but I wouldn't want one for a wife, just as I wouldn't want Hillary for President.

Sapidus

I think that is what liberal democrats want. It seems everything they do, is done with intent of creating division and chaos.

Are you joking? That was Trump and Bannons entire playbook and continues to be.

Which is why conservatives these days measure Trumps achievements not by what they actually accomplish but by how much they upset democrats or the "system"

SamSpade

You do know that this so-called "most experienced candidate ever" lost to that "vulgar reality show host"? :lol:

It certainly doesn't work when compared to candidates even in the last fifty years, but it's ridiculous compared to Revolutionary War veterans who served, or a man who WROTE the Declaration, another who mostly wrote the Constitution or a man who presided over the nation in the middle of civil war over slavery. Or a Supreme Allied Commander in WW2. A professor at Princeton. SEVERAL were Vice President, or a Governor - or both.

It annoys me to think that this statement is made knowing full well the incredible qualifications of so many of our candidates, let alone the ones who were elected.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Which is why conservatives these days measure Trumps achievements not by what they actually accomplish but by how much they upset democrats or the "system"

Except for one thing, shortbus...the list of things Trump has accomplished, including legislation passed by Congress, has now eclipsed what the Kenyan managed to get done in the same period of time.

Narrative: Busted.

Chris0nllyn

I understand the argument. Wanting someone who's good at managing money to head up the department.

That being said, I'd like to see more "normal" people in office. Of course, most people want nothing to do with the cluster#### in Washington (or even Annapolis).

Chris0nllyn

Except for one thing, shortbus...the list of things Trump has accomplished, including legislation passed by Congress, has now eclipsed what the Kenyan managed to get done in the same period of time.

Narrative: Busted.

I'm not so sure about that. Not that I agreed with everything Obama did, but most of Trump's "accomplishments" have come in the form of EOs (which we all know, was a source of contention for Republicans when Obama said he's got a "phone and a pen"). Even his list is fluid and open to interpretation on what he meant.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I understand the argument. Wanting someone who's good at managing money to head up the department.

That being said, I'd like to see more "normal" people in office. Of course, most people want nothing to do with the cluster#### in Washington (or even Annapolis).

What do you mean by "normal" people?

And I agree; what successful person would want to subject themselves to the dysfunctional mess that is our political system?

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Trump tells crowd he doesn't want a poor person in positions in his cabinet. And the morons still cheered for him. He also claims these people gave up massive paydays to work for the government but many are still not divested from their business interests This after months of claiming to drain the swamp. Instead he just filled it with his favored swamp creatures. You really can't make this stuff up. http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/22/trump-i-just-dont-want-a-poor-person-running-the-economy.html

Politics is like fine art, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.