I like my girlfriends

nomoney

I love my Pooh31. She's my best girlfriend in the whole world. I honestly could not survive without her and all she does for me and my kids. She's the single most devoted friend I've ever have. If you're reading this...I love you to no end love.

My cousin is my other BFF. She's been there for me forever. She's more like a baby sister to me. I thank God for her. There are times that I'm not sure I could have made it without her emotional support. She's my rock.

And then there's a few other people that I adore. BSGal just rocks. She's just an awesome person.
Lovinmaryland, no matter what we've been thru I love you girl. It's great having you to chat with. There are things that I can only talk to you about. You're the eternal optimist and I need that from time to time. You're one of the few people that didn't have something negative to say when I told you how in love I am (again).

My stepmommy is right up there in the best friends list. She just always understands me. She's not judgemental with me. She just wants to see me happy. She is truly one of the coolest people ever.

This sounds like a yearbook shout-out :lmao:

C

citizen_fear

:roflmao: Kodak moment.

I love my girlfriends because they don't care if I have a fat ass. :howdy:

See here's the difference. Your girlfriends dont care if you have a fat ass. Your guy friends LOVE your fat ass. Can I be your friend? PLEASE !!!!

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
"Just go over and touch the screen to re-set it".

Damn....that was funny. :roflmao:

:high5: Yes, it was! :roflmao:

I can't believe she did it.

Thinking about who you're talking about... :lol:

I love my Pooh31. She's my best girlfriend in the whole world. I honestly could not survive without her and all she does for me and my kids. She's the single most devoted friend I've ever have. If you're reading this...I love you to no end love.

My cousin is my other BFF. She's been there for me forever. She's more like a baby sister to me. I thank God for her. There are times that I'm not sure I could have made it without her emotional support. She's my rock.

And then there's a few other people that I adore. BSGal just rocks. She's just an awesome person.
Lovinmaryland, no matter what we've been thru I love you girl. It's great having you to chat with. There are things that I can only talk to you about. You're the eternal optimist and I need that from time to time. You're one of the few people that didn't have something negative to say when I told you how in love I am (again).

My stepmommy is right up there in the best friends list. She just always understands me. She's not judgemental with me. She just wants to see me happy. She is truly one of the coolest people ever.

Yeah and I forgot to add you. :poorbaby:

Another list I didn't make. :bawl:

spinner

As I get older I realize more and more just how important my girlfriends are and how vital time spent with them is. That is a badly structured sentence but you get my drift.

W

Wenchy

29 years later and who still loves me unconditionally? (Family doesn't count) My best friend from high school found me on facebook today. :yahoo:

Girlfriends are priceless.

One of these days I will find my best friend (age 3-8) I named my daughter after her and she needs to know. She tried to contact me 15 or so years ago (she found my grandmother and chatted long distance for a bit) I called and she was no longer there.

We will find each other.

Men? They are important, but in a different way. I think once you've had sex it kind of spoils the honesty/intimacy factor and screws everything up. JMO

I've had a few male friends. They would have screwed me in a heartbeat...not my girls

T

toppick08

29 years later and who still loves me unconditionally? (Family doesn't count) My best friend from high school found me on facebook today. :yahoo:

One of these days I will find my best friend (age 3-8) I named my daughter after her and she needs to know. She tried to contact me 15 or so years ago (she found my grandmother and chatted long distance for a bit) I called and she was no longer there.

We will find each other.

Men? They are important, but in a different way. I think once you've had sex it kind of spoils the honesty/intimacy factor and screws everything up. JMO

I've had a few male friends. They would have screwed me in a heartbeat...not my girls

:yay:

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!

We will find each other.

I joined Facebook at the encouragement of my local gal pals. Once I figured it out I did a few searches and found my oldest childhood friend in the world.

Audra was my one constant friend from age 3 to adulthood. She lived two doors down from my grandmother and as I spent every summer until the age of 16 at my grandmother's and every Christmas break there, we had quite a bit of time to hang out over the years. I think I am most attached to her as when I was growing up we moved so much it was hard to meet and really maintain life long friends.

The other day I found my best friend from high school on Facebook whom I lost touch with 10 years ago. I named my daughter after her. It was great to find that she was was just an email away.

I have to say of all my friends though near and far that my mother and my ex mother in law are as close to knowing me as anyone could come. Their ability to accept me, guide me and encourage me knowing all my faults has far superceded any thing I would have thought possible.

whoknew

I like to hang with the girlfriends too. The problem I've noticed is that as you get older, sometimes things don't change all that much. A lot of times groups of friends or "cliques" are already formed and it's tough to break into. Most of my aquaintances are either through work, through neighborhood or through my children's friends (parents).

I've always been one to run in pretty small groups and only let few people in. As I'm getting older I desperately want that to change. I am still not one to socialize with tons of people b/c I want the few freindships I have to mean something, to have some significance. BUT I just don't know how/where to meet people. I want it to be so natural, so easy yet it isn't that at all.

I've also noticed it's so different with men/women. Men seem to be able to just say to another guy hey you'll have to come over for a beer, and bam instant friendship, no pretenses, no beating around the bush. Women are often busy with children/family obligations and as a whole, don't go outside the house as much to socialize or hang out.

Anyway just throwing out my two cents. Hold on to your friendships. Very few things in life last and very few people have honest to God true friendships.