I might have the VID :(

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Well my temperature is gone, and I'm feeling better today.
Good.
I caught a flu back in Nov/Dec 2019, had all of the symptoms of Covid except the loss of taste, tested negative. Fever only lasted a day, but the cough was a month. Finally realized the cough was from sinus and post-nasal drip. Once I treated that, all was right with the world. The fatigue was the killer, I had to lay down after a shower, totally wiped out.

Toxick

Splat
The fatigue was the killer, I had to lay down after a shower, totally wiped out.

I have fatigue - although I know what that's from (sleep apnea*), and that should be getting fixed next week.
Assuming I don't test positive today. If I do, then that should be getting fixed in a couple of weeks.

You're right though - it's a killer.

*getting old sucks - but I guess it's better than the alternative.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
You could still have it and got a false negative. Remember those bastards are only practicing medicine as none seem to have perfected their craft. Hope all is well but don't trust them.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
@DoWhat - Came back negative.

Well, I'm not gonna lie, I'm kind of disappointed. I was hoping for a firsthand account, taking us through your rona odyssey.

But I'm glad you're okay. Although if you had the rona you'd have probably been okay AND I'd have gotten my story.

Or maybe not, since you have some pre-existing conditions.

So I'm probably glad you don't have the rona after all. And that's my final answer.

Toxick

Splat
You could still have it and got a false negative. Remember those bastards are only practicing medicine as none seem to have perfected their craft. Hope all is well but don't trust them.

I trust nobody! Ever!

However, rather than being surprisingly relieved, it was more of a punctuation mark on a thought that I already had. 24 hours after my first "symptom", I was feeling 100% and completely asymptomatic again.

I'm still self-cornteening with my son for another week (who was also feeling under the weather for a day, about a week ago) or so just to be on the side of caution, but I'm pretty confident we're all just fine.

frequentflier

happy to be living
As far as your sleep apnea, I don't know if what you are doing about it. I have had three studies done in 20 years and had different Cpap machines; that I totally hated and scrapped.
Until now.
Wonderful quiet machine with nose pillows that monitors my sleep and breathing. My sleep doctor can access my progress and says I am doing well and getting a lot of oxygen through out the night. It took a couple nights to get used to it and now I cannot sleep without it.
I saw my family physician for a physical today and thanked her for being so hard on me and insisting how much I needed it. She was right- it does make a difference in the quality of my life.
Glad to hear you are doing well, Tox. Hope you will have the same positive results with a cpap,

Toxick

Splat
As far as your sleep apnea, I don't know if what you are doing about it. I have had three studies done in 20 years and had different Cpap machines; that I totally hated and scrapped.

[...]

Glad to hear you are doing well, Tox. Hope you will have the same positive results with a cpap,

I'm getting a sleep study done in April. Of course... The sleep study clinic was shut down for most of 2020 and they are back-logged to bejezus and back. So April. They said if my insurance will cover it, they'll do a home study as well sooner, but even if they do that, I'll probably have to come in, in April again anyway.

I did have a CPAP back in 2005ish, I used it with no complaints and my quality of life improved greatly at that time. (Remember when I used to be in such a good mood here all the time?) Around 2010 some stuff happened, and one of the very few good side-effects is that my apnea went away. Around 2-3 years ago, it started to creep back and I'm in full apnea mode and I feel every bit of it. I cannot wait to get a good night sleep. I would kill or die for 9 solid hours of uninterrupted comatose unconsciousness.

In fact, I'm about ---><--- THIS close to buying a used cpap or a bipap online just to use until I can get my studies done and get one customized for me.

Louise

@DoWhat - Came back negative.

You have the most “likes” I have seen in a while. We’re rootin’ for ya! Go, Tox! I have to say your forum name is humorous at OUR moment in time. Did you know something you didn’t share? Just kidding. Wish you the best. :)

frequentflier

happy to be living
I'm getting a sleep study done in April. Of course... The sleep study clinic was shut down for most of 2020 and they are back-logged to bejezus and back. So April. They said if my insurance will cover it, they'll do a home study as well sooner, but even if they do that, I'll probably have to come in, in April again anyway.

I did have a CPAP back in 2005ish, I used it with no complaints and my quality of life improved greatly at that time. (Remember when I used to be in such a good mood here all the time?) Around 2010 some stuff happened, and one of the very few good side-effects is that my apnea went away. Around 2-3 years ago, it started to creep back and I'm in full apnea mode and I feel every bit of it. I cannot wait to get a good night sleep. I would kill or die for 9 solid hours of uninterrupted comatose unconsciousness.

In fact, I'm about ---><--- THIS close to buying a used cpap or a bipap online just to use until I can get my studies done and get one customized for me.
Dr Kim Goring and her staff in Prince Frederick have been awesome. I wonder if they could get you in sooner? It would be worth the drive if your insurance covers it.

luvmygdaughters

Well, I'm not gonna lie, I'm kind of disappointed. I was hoping for a firsthand account, taking us through your rona odyssey.

But I'm glad you're okay. Although if you had the rona you'd have probably been okay AND I'd have gotten my story.

Or maybe not, since you have some pre-existing conditions.

So I'm probably glad you don't have the rona after all. And that's my final answer.
Well, my husbands daughter, who lives in NC, claims she and her brood have tested positive for it :rolleyes:, however, if the black plaque was to come around again, she'd swear she has it, she's a little :dork:and loves being the center of attention. No loss of taste or smell, low grade fever and mild sore throat.