I might have the VID :(

Toxick

Splat
I have a test set up for tomorrow.
I'll try to keep you posted.

If I don't come back, it was nice knowing y'all.

Even if you're a bunch of right-wing nut-cases.

Toxick

Splat
Well, that sucks. Showing symptoms?

Meh.... yeah I guess. 100.0 fever, sniffles, headache and fatigue - although fatigue just may be my old ass getting older and assier.

Here's the thing. My son's girlfriend tested positive. He saw her, not this last weekend, but the previous weekend. She didn't have symptoms then, and it's possible that she hadn't been exposed by then. But the timeline is a little foggy and gray. He hangs out here a lot. So there is the potential he got it from her and brought it here.

But I'm not coughing, or having a hard time breathing, but that fever has me ****ed up. I mostly likely don't have it, but my health isn't at a point where I can just say, "Well if I have it, I have it, I'll get over it". I have several preexisting conditions that could lead to me having a very unpleasant few weeks ahead without a viable escape route.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Not to be a ghoul or anything, but if you have the rona and feel up to it, would you please document your journey on here? I'm genuinely interested in a real life case, as opposed to the fabrications we keep hearing on the "news".

Hope you feel better soon, and I have no doubt you will. :flowers:

Toxick

Splat
Hey... it might just be the regular ole flu. Fingers crossed.

Oof... I've had that once before. I think I'd rather have a coronavirus than that. That was a rough week. I legit thought I was gonna die.

Not to be a ghoul or anything, but if you have the rona and feel up to it, would you please document your journey on here? I'm genuinely interested in a real life case, as opposed to the fabrications we keep hearing on the "news".
Hope you feel better soon, and I have no doubt you will. :flowers:

If I can. I'm still holding out hope that it's not that. But my fever is still going and I still have a headache. A sinus infection sounds really good right about now.

I have an appointment for a test tomorrow at lunchtime. So we'll see how that turns out.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
My oldest son has/had tested positive for this. He was able to go an entire semester at college and not get infected but 2 1/2 weeks before he goes back to school, BaM!

Anyway, he has only had the loss of taste portion and some nasal congestion of the symptoms. As soon as he found he was exposed he locked himself into his room and he has basically been getting room service from us. We found out on a Saturday, he was able to test on Sunday (shout out to Right Time Medical in California) and he had his results back before noon Tuesday. The rest of the household has all tested negative since then but we still had to do the contact trace quaratine.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
My oldest son has/had tested positive for this. He was able to go an entire semester at college and not get infected but 2 1/2 weeks before he goes back to school, BaM!

Anyway, he has only had the loss of taste portion and some nasal congestion of the symptoms. As soon as he found he was exposed he locked himself into his room and he has basically been getting room service from us. We found out on a Saturday, he was able to test on Sunday (shout out to Right Time Medical in California) and he had his results back before noon Tuesday. The rest of the household has all tested negative since then but we still had to do the contact trace quaratine.
Even tho he's locked in the room, there's still closed space airborne contact possible within the house. Send him to that nice newly refurbished garage.... :biggrin:

Serious tho, really hoping the rest of you avoid getting infected.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So far I personally know maybe 5 people who've tested positive for the rona and all have reported flu symptoms with a few uniques like loss of taste and smell. But when I've had the flu I lose my taste and smell because my nose is stuffy, and aroma has a lot to do with taste. So I'm not sure if loss of taste and smell is really unique to the rona.

So far nobody has been hospitalized or had longterm problems.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Even tho he's locked in the room, there's still closed space airborne contact possible within the house. Send him to that nice newly refurbished garage.... :biggrin:

Serious tho, really hoping the rest of you avoid getting infected.
We'll find out today or tomorrow with his results from his latest test. That will be a thread in and of itself if it comes back negative given the timing between the two.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
My husband had it and I'm more so worried about the long-term possible issues due to his pre-existing conditions. So far he seems ok. When he had it, it was fairly normal flu symptoms with the addition of loss of taste and smell (thankfully only for a week or so...we know of a few people complaining its still gone months later). He also said it got worse before it got better - as in he was feeling awful...started to feel OK again maybe 3 or 4 days in, and then BAM it knocked him back on his ass. He also basically had one long headache for 2 weeks. Oh, and a lingering cough for a month.

This was back before the holidays. We had to quarentine him in the master suite and he got food and drink delivered to him via me :rolleyes: I'd say it sucked more for me when he had it - had to go live in the guest bedroom and take care of the baby by myself for a week and a half until he could rejoin us. Made me a little salty knowing he was upstairs, fully rested, flying thru Netflix, sleeping on my side of the bed... All in all, he said it was definitely worse than the flu and wouldn't wish it on anyone. He definitely got it at work though, his whole team ended up with it one by one. But it was interesting to note, that while they clearly passed it on to one another, they all have different experiences. Some only had the sniffles, others had it worse than my husband, some had zero symptoms at all. Not sure how I haven't caught it yet - I haven't gotten sick once since having the baby/nursing, we're chalking it up to the super powers of that :sshrug:

We only know of one person hospitalized, a 30 yr old woman too... she ended up with major respiratory issues because of it. I found it very ironic because she's a conspiracy theorist and fully denied COVID existed and told all my husband's coworkers who got it one by one, that they were faking it. These are all male mechanics and vets - men that usually deny being sick altogether :lol:

What bothered us most was the amount of interrogating the dept of Health did to us (is that who calls? someone please correct me, that whole time was an exhaustive fog) They called every day for an hour at a time asking him ridiculously invasive questions on where, who, how, and wanted every person he may have even looked at's info. Didn't give it.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
What bothered us most was the amount of interrogating the dept of Health did to us (is that who calls? someone please correct me, that whole time was an exhaustive fog) They called every day for an hour at a time asking him ridiculously invasive questions on where, who, how, and wanted every person he may have even looked at's info. Didn't give it.
They are high on power and out of control.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My Uncle and his wife had it. Lasted about 12 days. They are both fine now and are currently on a 10-day road trip from Montana to the Grand Canyon, Moab, UT and other southwestern sites.

frequentflier

happy to be living

If I don't come back, it was nice knowing y'all.

Even if you're a bunch of right-wing nut-cases.
Not all of us are!
Please post and let us know how you are. Sending positive energy your way :huggy:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
We had to quarantine him in the master suite and he got food and drink delivered to him via me :rolleyes:

This is not a dig, but a general inquiry .,... what was the point?

you are confined in the same house, breathing the same recirculated air

the MAJORITY of infections came from family members locked up in the same house .... not bars, resturants, clubs, hair salons, churches

lucky_bee

RBF expert
This is not a dig, but a general inquiry .,... what was the point?

you are confined in the same house, breathing the same recirculated air

the MAJORITY of infections came from family members locked up in the same house .... not bars, resturants, clubs, hair salons, churches
We were really unsure at first when he contracted it and therefor when he was no longer infectious. He had just been thru a huge work travel trip that was very intense and physically exhausting and in a totally different climate/environment and wasn't sure at first if he felt like crap due to working 17 hour days in all of that...or if he had COVID. So he completely isolated at first to be safe. Eventually he rejoined us after 4 days upstairs and just didn't leave the house for another 10.

We also have an infant in the house, who was barely 7 months at the time: Baby can't get sick and I couldn't get sick because I'm still nursing him and research on nursing mothers and babies is still so small. We were taking all the precautions we could besides sending him to a hotel which unfortunately is completely unaffordable for us. Research is still all over the place in regards to how to quarentine safely so we did what we thought best at the time.

Clem72

So far I personally know maybe 5 people who've tested positive for the rona and all have reported flu symptoms with a few uniques like loss of taste and smell. But when I've had the flu I lose my taste and smell because my nose is stuffy, and aroma has a lot to do with taste. So I'm not sure if loss of taste and smell is really unique to the rona.

So far nobody has been hospitalized or had longterm problems.

FYI, I assume I had the Rona 4 months ago (was in close prolonged contact with someone who tested positive). Was flu-like for me, except for the loss of smell which has never happened to me before despite a life full of colds, flus, and sinus infections. I did not have a stuffy nose, but I could smell nothing. Not the dog farts, not a bottle of essential oils directly under my nose, not Vicks Vapo Rub, not vinegar. I tried everything. Even today I would say I have only recovered 50-60% of my ability to smell. It was honestly a weird experience. If you don't think about it you are feeling completely normal, then you notice you can't smell something you should be able to, like frying your bacon in the morning, and it kid of messes with your head.

But just to be clear, if I haven't been so, this is not "diminished" smelling from a stuffy nose (even then you smell stuff, including your own snot/breath which you don't realize until you no longer smell it) this was total loss.