I my rode to the river on Saturday

Hoover

I rode my boy to the river on Saturday with an awesome group of people. This is the first time he has been or seen the river. The expression on his face says it all!!! He shook like a leaf for about 10 minutes, but after some calming down and smooth talking by mom, we worked our way to the beach and then slowly to the river. Finally, we were able to get our toes in and our nose wet. That was our biggest hurdle for the day!!! It was a fantastic 2-1/2 hour ride. Of course I had the biggest horse of the ride and received the most ribbing about the shaking like a leaf. (Never seen a horse shake as much and as hard in my life)

Attachments

• beau at the river.jpg
    beau at the river.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 240

Hoover

Thank you. I am very proud of him as we have come a long way since I adopted him in May this year. He was a Level 3 show horse at one time and a professional race horse from Pimlico. I am sure his first thought was - You want me to jump that!!!!! OMG WOMAN!!!!

Last edited:

epona

That was a fun ride! I really like your boy he seems quiet even if he was a little nervous about the water. He seems to love the trails. Sky was a little nervous about the water too. I had to convince her that there were no sharks in there. She loved it after she got her feet wet though.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I rode my boy to the river on Saturday with an awesome group of people. This is the first time he has been or seen the river. The expression on his face says it all!!! He shook like a leaf for about 10 minutes, but after some calming down and smooth talking by mom, we worked our way to the beach and then slowly to the river. Finally, we were able to get our toes in and our nose wet. That was our biggest hurdle for the day!!! It was a fantastic 2-1/2 hour ride. Of course I had the biggest horse of the ride and received the most ribbing about the shaking like a leaf. (Never seen a horse shake as much and as hard in my life)

You need to put one of those text balloons on that picture that says:

what the hell is that ??????

bcp

In My Opinion
That is a beautiful horse.
Love the way he is standing in that first picture.

Hoover

That is a beautiful horse.
Love the way he is standing in that first picture.

Thanks - I traded CoCo and Nestle in for him!!! LOL - not really. He really puts a crimp in our camping - He wont fit in our 5th wheel!!!!