I need a carpenter for a rough opening in a ceiling.

glhs837

Power with Control
Installing a mini split, or more properly having one installed, shortly to replace the upstairs heatpump that after almost 30 years of service has pumped it's last heat. Using a ceiling cassete instead of the standard wall wart these systems are normally asscoiated with. About 700 square feet. Issue is that the ceiling cassette requires a 33 inch rough opening in the ceiling. I could DIY it, but lack the time to do my usual and learn as I go. And it is the basis of my houses roof, I'll get a pro for this bit. Wont need trimmed out, the unit has a trim piece that covers the edges. Who do we like? I do not need a contractor, just a carpenter.

glhs837

Power with Control
Well, finding a carpenter turned out to not be a thing. So I contracted with New Life Builders. Price was okay, part of using a contractor vice a carpenter is higher cost. They charged me half of a full days labor includined materials, which was some 2x6 and joist hangers. Good work, well done, guys cleaned up and even were careful enough removing the drywall that they were able reinstall it temporarily until Boothes came out today.