I need a quickie.....

Cowgirl

Is there a Hair Cuttery or another walk-in in St. Mary's? I don't feel like looking it up, and I know all you forumites are better than the yellowpages anyday. :smile: I don't feel like going to my regular place...because I don't want to wait for an appointment. I'm going to be in town tomorrow, and I want to get a cut. I'm sick o' my hair.

Cowgirl

You are a brave girl. :lol:

I know. :gulp: I used to get my hair cut at those places in college...and they always did a great job! Plus, I'm nervous. My coworker went to my usual gal and she botched her hair. :ohwell: She cut a "shelf" in the layers...so now I'm a tiny bit paranoid. :lol:

justme83

Bella takes walk ins on some mornings. It might be worth stopping to check. They might be a little more explensive but i've always gotten gerat cuts there.

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
There is a HairCuttery in the First Colony Shopping Center (the one with Target). You can walk-in for an appointment. Sometimes the wait is 5-10 min and other times its up to an hour; it all depends on the time of day. I love all the women there (except one...but she left).

Good luck with your hair cut! What style are you thinking of?

nobody really

I need a nap
There is a HairCuttery in the First Colony Shopping Center (the one with Target). You can walk-in for an appointment. Sometimes the wait is 5-10 min and other times its up to an hour; it all depends on the time of day. I love all the women there (except one...but she left).

I've been there before - i was petrified when i went - but i was desperate and couldn't get in my usual place. They did a GREAT job - for dirt cheap!

Cowgirl

Thanks! That's perfect. My hair is longish and layered..I want to go shorter...to shoulder or just below. It's just getting boring now. I need some movement...I'm going to look for some pics. I don't know if I'll do much different...probably just a shorter version of what I have.

wineo

loving life
Go see Carol in San Souci at Unique Chic, she is great. Walkins welcomed, I never have any appointment. Great prices too.

ginwoman

Go see Carol in San Souci at Unique Chic, she is great. Walkins welcomed, I never have any appointment. Great prices too.

Hi, what is your opinion of a "great price"? I just had my hair highlighted and cut and eyebrowns waxed for $85 at Unique Sheik........their cost for a shampoo and cut is $25...do these sound in line with other places?

:howdy::howdy:

CRoyal

Infinite Impetus
At any walk-in place, try to see the stylist that has their station at the front of the salon.
I have had bad experiences at Unique Chics
Hair Cuttery by Target is where I go for a trim.. for highlights and the rest I wait for an appt with my stylist up the road.

It's all about how well you communicate to your person what you want done. Make sure you know! Gluck

Cowgirl

Here are pics...before and after. My hair looks uneven in the front "after" pic, but it's just the picture. The layers are all wrong!!! I told her I didn't want a big difference in layer length. UGH. I am going to cut the bottom shorter so there's not as much of a difference in length.

I know, I know...hair grows back...but I'm going to be miserable until it does. :ohwell:

Attachments

• beforehaircut.jpg
    beforehaircut.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 126
  • fronthaircutedit.JPG
    fronthaircutedit.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 134
  • worsthaircutever.JPG
    worsthaircutever.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 132

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Here are pics...before and after. My hair looks uneven in the front "after" pic, but it's just the picture. The layers are all wrong!!! I told her I didn't want a big difference in layer length. UGH. I am going to cut the bottom shorter so there's not as much of a difference in length.

I know, I know...hair grows back...but I'm going to be miserable until it does. :ohwell:

I don't have long hair, but...it looks ok to me! More than ok, really.

Maybe you should wait at least until tomorrow before making any decisions? It might (um...seriously...excuse the pun) grow on you?

bresamil

wandering aimlessly

Looks like a long shag.