I need an assist in upper Waldorf

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
I need to get a rope line into the top of a tree that is just over 100 feet high. I did it 4 years ago with a fishing rod but can't seem to do it again. I tried using a sling shot but it doesn't even come close.

I'm asking you folks before I go out and buy the launcher specially made for this type of job. Any of you that are good with a bow & arrow or air powered gun that could help get this line up there, I'd appreciate it. Any day and time works for me. Thanks!:buddies:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I need to get a rope line into the top of a tree that is just over 100 feet high. I did it 4 years ago with a fishing rod but can't seem to do it again. I tried using a sling shot but it doesn't even come close.

I'm asking you folks before I go out and buy the launcher specially made for this type of job. Any of you that are good with a bow & arrow or air powered gun that could help get this line up there, I'd appreciate it. Any day and time works for me. Thanks!:buddies:
First thing you have to do is catch a squirrel...

PSA. don't use anything by a company that goes by the name ACME, it never works right.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
After weeding through the comics, I'd still have to buy something. I don't want to BUY a bow & arrow or make an explosive device (Acme or otherwise) :killingme

They do make a launcher for this very purpose but it wouldn't get here until next week. I was hoping someone local could bring their bow & arrow or launching device up here and we'd give it a try. Trained squirrels are welcommed....if they do the job for me but I think a squirrel is the reason why it came down in the first place...

Moved_south

Why???

After weeding through the comics, I'd still have to buy something. I don't want to BUY a bow & arrow or make an explosive device (Acme or otherwise) :killingme

They do make a launcher for this very purpose but it wouldn't get here until next week. I was hoping someone local could bring their bow & arrow or launching device up here and we'd give it a try. Trained squirrels are welcommed....if they do the job for me but I think a squirrel is the reason why it came down in the first place...

I have the bow, but am down in California. Might still have the fishing rig too, not sure.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Why can't I get the line up there? The tree grew since the last time I attempted this. It took me over an hour to hit the right spot with a fishing rod then. I spent an hour this morning trying again and it just didn't happen.

Why do I need the line up there?
I have a very important piece of equipment up in that tree. A lot of people depend on me for a service that this item helps me to do. It's not important to know exactly what it is.
desertrat said:
I have the bow, but am down in California. Might still have the fishing rig too, not sure.
Maybe someone closer might respond...:shrug:

Wenchy

Hot Flash

Get a tree company in there.

Dutch will probably smack me for this but the last time he did tree work (which scares the crap out of me...throwing a line?)

Anyway, he was out of work for a week and at the chiropractor each day to try and adjust the damage he did.

This was over a month ago and he still has to go twice a week.

$$$ and you shouldn't screw up your back.

Pay somebody to do it.

Sorry guess I don't have a bow anymore. Well it wasn't mine, but I still don't have access to one.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Get a tree company in there.

Dutch will probably smack me for this but the last time he did tree work (which scares the crap out of me...throwing a line?)

Anyway, he was out of work for a week and at the chiropractor each day to try and adjust the damage he did.

This was over a month ago and he still has to go twice a week.

$$$ and you shouldn't screw up your back.

Pay somebody to do it.
There's no climbing involved in this and that's why I'm looking for a launcher or bow & arrow. I had a tree company in here before but the ground was soft and they sunk their truck to the axles. It's a non strenuous job but getting that line in the right place is critical.

Wenchy

Hot Flash
There's no climbing involved in this and that's why I'm looking for a launcher or bow & arrow. I had a tree company in here before but the ground was soft and they sunk their truck to the axles. It's a non strenuous job but getting that line in the right place is critical.

No climbing involved for him. He twisted his body the wrong way and WHAM!

I did ask him about the bows he has and he said they are too powerful for what you need.

He also said to call Kerwins. $$$ but a lot less than the price of your back.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
No climbing involved for him. He twisted his body the wrong way and WHAM!
I did ask him about the bows he has and he said they are too powerful for what you need.
He also said to call Kerwins. $$$ but a lot less than the price of your back.
I figured a twisted back was what you were alluding to and I am fully aware of that possibility. This is why I stopped using the fishing rod when I realized that I couldn't launch it high enough (Plus I lost 2 fishing weights).

A standard bow & arrow will work but I also need someone who knows how to shoot one properly. Climbing the tree won't work and a truck that large will sink again. Thanks for asking Dutch, though.

Wenchy

Hot Flash
I figured a twisted back was what you were alluding to and I am fully aware of that possibility. This is why I stopped using the fishing rod when I realized that I couldn't launch it high enough (Plus I lost 2 fishing weights).

A standard bow & arrow will work but I also need someone who knows how to shoot one properly.

Stop being a butthead and get a tree company out there.

I don't want to visit you in a nursing home.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Stop being a butthead and get a tree company out there.

I don't want to visit you in a nursing home.
We can't get you out on Friday night how could I get you to a nursing home? Seriously though, I'm working on the safest way to do this. I appreciate your concern. :huggy: