I need an assist in upper Waldorf

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Why can't I get the line up there? The tree grew since the last time I attempted this. It took me over an hour to hit the right spot with a fishing rod then. I spent an hour this morning trying again and it just didn't happen.

Why do I need the line up there?
I have a very important piece of equipment up in that tree. A lot of people depend on me for a service that this item helps me to do. It's not important to know exactly what it is.
Maybe someone closer might respond...:shrug:

If you bought a used weather machine recently, that needed the sticks fixed (can't remember the technical term for those things), I could use a bit more rain.

Thanks.

Wenchy

Hot Flash
We can't get you out on Friday night how could I get you to a nursing home? Seriously though, I'm working on the safest way to do this. I appreciate your concern. :huggy:

A nursing home would be easier than a Friday night out.

I'm still waiting on a time for Tall Timbers on Sunday. If it's during the day it could be doable.

belvak

Happy Camper
A nursing home would be easier than a Friday night out.

I'm still waiting on a time for Tall Timbers on Sunday. If it's during the day it could be doable.

You've probably already got your answer, but I was told around 4:00. :buddies:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
If you bought a used weather machine recently, that needed the sticks fixed (can't remember the technical term for those things), I could use a bit more rain.

Thanks.

:gossip:Wobble shafts :yay: Sheesh, women and technical terms.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Well, after 2 days of unsuccessfully trying to fish the tree tops, I'm getting a tennis ball launcher. Hopefully it will be here in a few days. Powered by air, it sends the ball with fishing line attached, up to 150' into the air.

The last time I attempted this, I had to get on my roof to be able to hit the top of the tree. Infortunately it's too hot to be on the roof. Not for me, but for the shingles. They can be seriously damaged if it's too hot or cold and I walk on them. The mosquitoes have been relentless too! :jameo:

belvak

Happy Camper
Well, after 2 days of unsuccessfully trying to fish the tree tops, I'm getting a tennis ball launcher. Hopefully it will be here in a few days. Powered by air, it sends the ball with fishing line attached, up to 150' into the air.

The last time I attempted this, I had to get on my roof to be able to hit the top of the tree. Infortunately it's too hot to be on the roof. Not for me, but for the shingles. They can be seriously damaged if it's too hot or cold and I walk on them. The mosquitoes have been relentless too! :jameo:

Guess you could always cut the tree down! Then you could reach it!!! That would sort of defeat the purpose of having it up in the tree to start with though, huh??? :lol: Good luck with the tennis ball launcher! You really should have someone stand by and take pictures or shoot a video so we can all enjoy it! :buddies:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Goodness! Are you setting up another one of those dating attractions? Hey come over to my place to see my ___ (fill in the blank) ???? :howdy:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Guess you could always cut the tree down! Then you could reach it!!! That would sort of defeat the purpose of having it up in the tree to start with though, huh??? :lol: Good luck with the tennis ball launcher! You really should have someone stand by and take pictures or shoot a video so we can all enjoy it! :buddies:
I thought about cutting it down but raising 100 feet of solid oak back up would be rough. Here's a video of it in action:

glhs837

Power with Control
Is that what you bought? How much, I have to ask. The one below looks to be about maybe $30-$40 in parts, assuming of course, you have a small tire inflator and a way to power like a car. Maybe 15 or 20 for the PVC, about 8 or so for the valve, another 3-4 for the tire valve stem. Drill and insert valve, cut and glue parts, and it's done.

How to Make a Tennis Ball Cannon Out of PVC Pipes | eHow.com

Being an ordnance guy, I always opt for the more explosive method, thats why this didnt even occur to me. Sorry.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
I have a compound bow (used for killing), I'm in Leonardtown.
Can I bring you the tree and we'll shoot the line into it at your house? Thanks anyway DW.
cut the tree down, then just walk it across the branch.
Oh a wise guy, eh? Then the antenna will be too low! :duh:
Is that what you bought? How much, I have to ask. The one below looks to be about maybe $30-$40 in parts, assuming of course, you have a small tire inflator and a way to power like a car. Maybe 15 or 20 for the PVC, about 8 or so for the valve, another 3-4 for the tire valve stem. Drill and insert valve, cut and glue parts, and it's done.

Being an ordnance guy, I always opt for the more explosive method, thats why this didnt even occur to me. Sorry.
I saw that one online. The model shown in the video is about $35. A friend of mine in PA is sending me his to use. If I like it, I'll buy one for myself. I've seen them online for up to $200; are they nuts? For the use I'll get out of it, the $35 unit will do. Thanks for the link.

glhs837

Power with Control
That was my thought. I saw the $200 ones too. Admittedly, very nicely put together, and if are not handy, and have repeated need, and you and a couple of ham radio buddies pitch in, not costly for what you get. But not for one time use. One reason I put the Pringlnator out there, cost is almost nil. And with four wraps of duct tape, perfectly safe. Worst case, you get some carboard flying around.

acommondisaster

Our neighbor in the Dorf had one of those - shot potatoes out of it. MAN that thing would send the taters FLYING! Loads of fun. Probably less than legal.

Mabus

Free Rent
Float a balloon or two with a fishing weight on it. Get it in the right spot. Wait 3 days for balloons to deflate.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Float a balloon or two with a fishing weight on it. Get it in the right spot. Wait 3 days for balloons to deflate.
Thanks, that's an excellent idea (if the balloons don't blow away) but I'll have the launcher by the time the air runs out of the balloons. Or I could float them into place then shoot them with my pellet gun. :yay:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Well, the antenna is back up and working fine. That launcher worked perfectly! It only took 3 tries to clear the branch. I would have gotten it over on the first try if I had used more air pressure.

Here are a few shots of the project. The center connector looks like a dot from the ground. Can you see it in the last picture?

Attachments

• IMG_0038.jpg
    IMG_0038.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0039.jpg
    IMG_0039.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0041.jpg
    IMG_0041.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 105