I predicted it......

GregV814

last week, I told you guys that RGIII would be playing this week. And I surmised it would screw up the continium of the team. How do you spell vindicated?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
last week, I told you guys that RGIII would be playing this week. And I surmised it would screw up the continium of the team. How do you spell vindicated?

For you to be vindicated it would require someone to have denounced your prediction.

You, me, the dog, the nematodes I just put on my soil to eat fungus gnat larvi knew this was gonna happen AND knew it was going to #### everything up.

Redskins Nay-shun.

:buddies:

Midnightrider

For you to be vindicated it would require someone to have denounced your prediction.

You, me, the dog, the nematodes I just put on my soil to eat fungus gnat larvi knew this was gonna happen AND knew it was going to #### everything up.

Redskins Nay-shun.

:buddies:

How do you blame that loss on Robert? HE didn't lite the world on fire, but he palyed decent. If the defense could have made a stop along the way. or even had a game plan that involved putting presure on the rookie qb the game shold have gone differently.

Did they lose, yes, would they have under Cousins or McCoy, yeah, i think so :shrug:

Yeah, what the hell happened to the defense that helped in the win against the Cowboys? The guys that showed up in Minnesota were not the same team. They need to send Clark back to Pittsburgh.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
How do you blame that loss on Robert? HE didn't lite the world on fire, but he palyed decent. If the defense could have made a stop along the way. or even had a game plan that involved putting presure on the rookie qb the game shold have gone differently.

Did they lose, yes, would they have under Cousins or McCoy, yeah, i think so :shrug:

The OP described it as 'screwing up the continuum' and I subscribe to that. When what you're doing, since Colt took over, is working, and your alternative is a rusty 'starter' who wasn't playing well to begin with AND is a known health risk, why change?

We're not talking about Eli or Peyton or Tom or Philip or Drew or Aaron or Tony or Foles or any other established successful QB. We're talking about RG III, a kid with the heart of a lion and the body of a paper tiger. A guy who tries so hard he hurts himself. A guy who could have had this week and next to get back up to speed.

But, no. The continuum is shattered, one that was about team, not ONE guy. A continuum that would not have suffered ONE bit had it played out one more game and then the bye.

Now, at 3-6, the season over half gone, the Washington Redskins will be, in two weeks, starting all over again to re-answer the question; is RGIII the answer? It was no. It is no. It will be no. And, if all logic and reason were suspended and we go with the RGII continuum, the one of promise and hope, were he to become the answer these last 7 games, it is highly unlikely that he finishes the season so, even if he were the guy, and he is not, he will most likely be dealing with the next injury.

That is now our continuum which was the one we were on before his last self inflicted injury.

Bobby Trey; The Twilight Zone. :buddies:

Midnightrider

The OP described it as 'screwing up the continuum' and I subscribe to that. When what you're doing, since Colt took over, is working, and your alternative is a rusty 'starter' who wasn't playing well to begin with AND is a known health risk, why change?

We're not talking about Eli or Peyton or Tom or Philip or Drew or Aaron or Tony or Foles or any other established successful QB. We're talking about RG III, a kid with the heart of a lion and the body of a paper tiger. A guy who tries so hard he hurts himself. A guy who could have had this week and next to get back up to speed.

But, no. The continuum is shattered, one that was about team, not ONE guy. A continuum that would not have suffered ONE bit had it played out one more game and then the bye.

Now, at 3-6, the season over half gone, the Washington Redskins will be, in two weeks, starting all over again to re-answer the question; is RGIII the answer? It was no. It is no. It will be no. And, if all logic and reason were suspended and we go with the RGII continuum, the one of promise and hope, were he to become the answer these last 7 games, it is highly unlikely that he finishes the season so, even if he were the guy, and he is not, he will most likely be dealing with the next injury.

That is now our continuum which was the one we were on before his last self inflicted injury.

Bobby Trey; The Twilight Zone. :buddies:

Mccoy isnt one of those guys either...

as for the continuim, if it was about a team and not one person, then taking out a third string QB wouldn't matter. Besides, the obvious counter is that the continuim wold have been just as destroyed with a loss under McCoy. The difference would be that RGIII would be just as rusty a couple weeks later. I dont see much from that game that Colt could have changed.

The idea that colt, who was evaluated as the worst of the three, is somehow all of a sudden the savior is crazy to me. I also dont see how keeping him in somehow turns around a season that we shouldn't have had hope over in the first place. People keep forgeting that we are in a season with a rookie head coach and a QB who was returning from a major injury. Getting all spun up over a thrid stringer who plays decent in a couple of games is sooooooo redskins nay shion :yay:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Mccoy isnt one of those guys either...

as for the continuim, if it was about a team and not one person, then taking out a third string QB wouldn't matter. Besides, the obvious counter is that the continuim wold have been just as destroyed with a loss under McCoy. The difference would be that RGIII would be just as rusty a couple weeks later. I dont see much from that game that Colt could have changed.

The idea that colt, who was evaluated as the worst of the three, is somehow all of a sudden the savior is crazy to me. I also dont see how keeping him in somehow turns around a season that we shouldn't have had hope over in the first place. People keep forgeting that we are in a season with a rookie head coach and a QB who was returning from a major injury. Getting all spun up over a thrid stringer who plays decent in a couple of games is sooooooo redskins nay shion :yay:

When 1, RGIII, is not the answer, you move to 2. When 2 isn't the answer, Kirk, you got to 3. Three has won two games in a row and was, obviously, the best choice to beat the Vikings. In Washington World, when 3 is the answer, for now, you got to...

...1. Which you already know is not the answer.

Midnightrider

When 1, RGIII, is not the answer, you move to 2. When 2 isn't the answer, Kirk, you got to 3. Three has won two games in a row and was, obviously, the best choice to beat the Vikings. In Washington World, when 3 is the answer, for now, you got to...

1 is only not the answer because he got injured. It was a for gone conclusion that Robert would come back to be the starter. It was just a matter of this game or Tampa. I think you start your #1 unless he is hurt. I don't think anyone is arguing that Colt is the number 1, he is a number 3 that had a couple good games.

As far as the Vikings game goes, I thought Robert played well for having been out. I don't think Robert is he reason we lost that game, and I don't see how Colt was going to keep the defense from giving it up.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
1 is only not the answer because he got injured. It was a for gone conclusion that Robert would come back to be the starter. It was just a matter of this game or Tampa. I think you start your #1 unless he is hurt. I don't think anyone is arguing that Colt is the number 1, he is a number 3 that had a couple good games.

As far as the Vikings game goes, I thought Robert played well for having been out. I don't think Robert is he reason we lost that game, and I don't see how Colt was going to keep the defense from giving it up.

The defense was lame specifically and solely because they know they work for an organization where when you do well, McCoy, doesn't matter. It is who you are; owners pet; Griffin.

The teams knows the score. They know the 'head' coach isn't in charge of much as witnessed by the non stop babbling non sense he uttered all week about Robert's status for the game.

They know, because they are there every day, that Roberts is not the best quarterback on the team. They know Kirk is better. They know Colt is better.

And they know it doesn't matter. Because it isn't about winning.

HTTR

Midnightrider

The defense was lame specifically and solely because they know they work for an organization where when you do well, McCoy, doesn't matter. It is who you are; owners pet; Griffin.

The teams knows the score. They know the 'head' coach isn't in charge of much as witnessed by the non stop babbling non sense he uttered all week about Robert's status for the game.

They know, because they are there every day, that Roberts is not the best quarterback on the team. They know Kirk is better. They know Colt is better.

And they know it doesn't matter. Because it isn't about winning.

HTTR

The defense lost that game because the defensive strategy was weak. It had nothing to do with how they felt about the QB.

While a lot of that other stuff may be true particularly about the tyrant in charge, neither Kirk nor Colt are better than Robert. Neither of them would have gotten a start except for the injury.

My question is 'why are you upset?'
We weren't going to the playoffs no matter who started that game. This is a team with a bunch of holes at key positions and a first year head coach. HTTR

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Griffin has the dreads and face the NFL desperately wants as a starting QB for the politically correct league. No getting around it. Wilson isn't black enough, along with Kapernick. Bridgewater, anybody? Or are they eagerly awaiting Winston and his baggage?

It is what it is.

Midnightrider

Griffin has the dreads and face the NFL desperately wants as a starting QB for the politically correct league. No getting around it. Wilson isn't black enough, along with Kapernick. Bridgewater, anybody? Or are they eagerly awaiting Winston and his baggage?

It is what it is.

Take your race baiting bull#### and hang it in your azz.

SG_Player1974

Just because your backup or #3 had a good game does not mean they are ready to be starters in the NFL.

Look back at Matt Cassel of the Patriots or Matt Flynn of the Packers. Both has 1 or 2 good games for their teams when they stood in and were able to get big time contracts with other teams based on just a few good performances. How long did that last?

I believe RG gives the Redskins the best opportunity for a victory. The scrutiny needs to be done with the coaching.

Beta

Smile!

:banghead:

Larry, you might like football, but your football IQ isn't as high as the coaches and GMs. Your claim that RGIII clearly isn't the answer is obviously not that apparent yet, so give it a rest. You don't watch practices and you don't know what (REALLY) happens during the games other than what your narrow focus is on (the ball). You keep whining that RGIII clearly isn't the answer, even though he led the Skins to the division title in his one healthy season. He's only in his 3rd season, it's not like the guy has played for a few years and consistently lost (McCoy) or throws as many INTs as touchdowns on a regular basis (Cousins).

Which reminds me...on what planet are McCoy and Cousins "the answer" anyway? They've both proven that they're not going to be the Skins answer. I don't disagree that it's likely RGIII will accrue more injuries unless he modifies his style, but that's manageable and has been done by running QBs in the past (not always successfully). Cousins can't read the field and McCoy probably won't suddenly turn into someone who can make the needed throws. You're almost back to RGIII by default, because he's the only one on the roster who has shown he can win. You also have management and an owner who spent a TON of money on him. I know this is hard for you to understand, but if you invest millions of dollars in something (or someone), you don't give up when there's still a chance for success. When you own a Jaguar that breaks down occasionally, you don't stop driving it in favor of an old Pinto. Cousins and McCoy are probably not the answer. RGIII still might be. You invest another season or two in him and if he's still getting hurt or hasn't recaptured his rookie season, you find someone new that's not on the roster.

Just because your backup or #3 had a good game does not mean they are ready to be starters in the NFL.

Look back at Matt Cassel of the Patriots or Matt Flynn of the Packers. Both has 1 or 2 good games for their teams when they stood in and were able to get big time contracts with other teams based on just a few good performances. How long did that last?

I believe RG gives the Redskins the best opportunity for a victory. The scrutiny needs to be done with the coaching.

I agree with the premise but disagree with the comparison. Cassell and Flynn had success playing on good teams with good coaches, then left for bad teams with poor coaching. They were decent players that played great when given the chance, but needed to be the starter for those teams to have maximum success.

McCoy, on the other hand, managed to win two games, but wasn't even the catalyst. The defense won both games. The Skins scored 20 points against the Cowboys. 20! 19(?) against the Titans. But people are drooling over McCoy because he's averaging 19.5 points a game. Really? The Skins scored 26 with RGIII as the QB after he was "rusty" but somehow that's unacceptable and the defense blowing the game is now his fault. That's not even counting that the Vikings actually have a better defense than the Cowboys, so the 26 against the Vikings is all the more impressive than scoring 20 against the Cowboys. But yeah, the 3rd string QB that the CLEVELAND BROWNS couldn't wait to get rid of is the new savior!

:rolleyes:

Grumpy

I'm all for coaching RG3 up, praying he doesn't get hurt, and having him put up great stats the rest of the season and find some other QB starved team to give up draft picks for him. He is NOT the answer because he will never have a full season without injury.

And, just to add, that 'amateurish' report wasn't far from the truth, better than half the team is fed up with RG3 and the perks he receives as the owner's pet.

Midnightrider

I'm all for coaching RG3 up, praying he doesn't get hurt, and having him put up great stats the rest of the season and find some other QB starved team to give up draft picks for him. He is NOT the answer because he will never have a full season without injury.

And, just to add, that 'amateurish' report wasn't far from the truth, better than half the team is fed up with RG3 and the perks he receives as the owner's pet.

Source?

SG_Player1974

Cassell and Flynn had success playing on good teams with good coaches, then left for bad teams with poor coaching. They were decent players that played great when given the chance, but needed to be the starter for those teams to have maximum success.

Ummm.....

Matt Cassel went to play for Andy Reid on the KC Chiefs and started there for at least 2 seasons. Sounds like he played for a good coach to me.

Matt Flynn went to play for Pete Carrol on the Seattle Seahawks (just a year before their SB win and losing the starting position to then-rookie Russell Wilson)

I would say these guys had GREAT opportunities to play on GOOD teams with GOOD coaches. They just didn't have what it took for the big money contracts after a few good games.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
:banghead:

Larry, you might like football, but your football IQ isn't as high as the coaches and GMs. Your claim that RGIII clearly isn't the answer is obviously not that apparent yet, so give it a rest. You don't watch practices and you don't know what (REALLY) happens during the games other than what your narrow focus is on (the ball). :

I posted back in the summer, Patriots week, what THE INSIDERS were saying and taking note of, especially Robert getting Guden to allow him to run out plays past when he would have been sacked. I said then that it was a huge mistake because he wasn't being forced to make quicker decisions and that it would carry over to the season whereby he'd try and save dead plays and, because he can't help himself, he'd get hurt.

That is what we saw the first two games. That is what we saw against the Vikes. It is nothing but luck that his knee(s) didn't go up on that early sack. He is, simply put, too slow in his reads and decision making. He is too target fixated and lacks pocket, field, awareness and his heart and courage get him hurt. Period.

That is not me. That is what happens on the field and it is what professional observers say and write.

:shrug:

Beta

Smile!
Ummm.....

Matt Cassel went to play for Andy Reid on the KC Chiefs and started there for at least 2 seasons. Sounds like he played for a good coach to me.

Matt Flynn went to play for Pete Carrol on the Seattle Seahawks (just a year before their SB win and losing the starting position to then-rookie Russell Wilson)

I would say these guys had GREAT opportunities to play on GOOD teams with GOOD coaches. They just didn't have what it took for the big money contracts after a few good games.
If you're going to call me out for being wrong, try to be right.

Andy Reid was the EAGLES coach when Cassel played for the Chiefs. Romeo Crennel was the Chiefs coach and he sucked as a head coach (but good as a DC). In 2008, the year before Cassel joined them, they went 2-14. In his first season they were 4-12. He actually led them to 10-6 in 2010, but started off 2011 poorly and never really played again after an injury.

Flynn never really started for the Seahawks. His contract was big and he wasn't really considered an upgrade over Wilson, so they went with the rookie by preseason. He wasn't really given much of an opportunity. He had a couple of months to prove himself and it turned out they had a pretty solid QB in Wilson. Then they traded his contract to the Raiders and after only 1 start (replacing the injured starter, where he performed OK but not great) he was demoted to 3rd string behind cheaper players and eventually cut. 20 million over 3 years isn't a big money contract for a QB. It's low-tier starter money. But more teams are trying to find cheaper rookies to start. Andy Dalton, who's probably similar to Flynn (maybe a slight upgrade), signed a 6 year, $115 million contract this off-season. Flynn's contract over 6 years would have been 40 mil. Again, that's NOT a big money contract for a QB.

I posted back in the summer, Patriots week, what THE INSIDERS were saying and taking note of, especially Robert getting Guden to allow him to run out plays past when he would have been sacked. I said then that it was a huge mistake because he wasn't being forced to make quicker decisions and that it would carry over to the season whereby he'd try and save dead plays and, because he can't help himself, he'd get hurt.

That is what we saw the first two games. That is what we saw against the Vikes. It is nothing but luck that his knee(s) didn't go up on that early sack. He is, simply put, too slow in his reads and decision making. He is too target fixated and lacks pocket, field, awareness and his heart and courage get him hurt. Period.

That is not me. That is what happens on the field and it is what professional observers say and write.

:shrug:
I agreed with you (I think) that it wasn't a good idea to practice that way, but at the same time it's good to get some running in. But you're right, if he's not forced to throw in practice then what's he going to do during the games? If they work on that then he'll be OK, but that was poor coaching. Since when does the QB tell the coach what to do? Lame!

That being said, practice practice practice. I've watched other QBs who slowly but surely improved their reads and turned into better QBs. Just look at Drew Brees in San Diego. He was a high 2nd round pick(?) that they gave up on after ~3 years. After drafting Rivers he finally got over the hump, read the field well, and played well. But since they had Rivers, they had to let him go, and he went to the Saints and set the league on fire. I'm seeing the same thing with Tannehill this year -- he's reading the field a little better and it took him awhile to get there. He's had far more reps than RGIII and he's still improving, even though it's torture watching the growing pains. RGIII has to catch up on reps, but the mental aspect of the game can still come along. It just takes awhile before you can notice tangible improvement. If he still sucks after 40+ starts (this lenience is only given since he started as a rookie) then it's time to turn the page. But assuming he can stay healthy the remainder of the season, he should get next year to prove himself. The Skins gave up way too much for him to just give up so quickly. That's no way to build a franchise.