I really hate to do this but...

Lilypad

McNabb vs. Jessica's Romo

Philly vs. Dallas was a most enjoyable post-Christmas event. Big ole shout out to the Eagles. :yahoo:After what them Cowboys did to my Eli a couple weeks ago I savored every moment of the 44 points Philly scored yesterday.

Beta84

They're out to get us
:yahoo: Thank you Philly!

I went 17-0 in the ESPN Eliminator challenge. There are going to be a lot of entries that go 17-0, but the tie breaker is most points scored by your team in the final game. Then, from whomever is left, it's most points scored in week 16, and so on. I had Philly this week, NE last week, and Indy in week 15.

So with the Eagles putting up 44 this week, and with the Patriots putting up 47 last week, I might actually have a chance to win (out of something like 200,000 entrants). Just gotta get through the Chargers/Broncos game and then hope for a little luck.

:fingerscrossed:

There were about 1000 perfect entries left before yesterday's games. There were a few upsets yesterday but nothing major. I just can't believe that the winner is going to be someone who picked the Chargers or Eagles. Seriously, come on now. :lmao:

I missed 4 games, but I picked them all at the start of the season. Had I done it on a week to week basis, I probably would have done fine. Every game I missed was mid to late season when I picked the Falcons to lose to mediocre teams who were projected to be pretty solid. Obviously by that point in the season I would have realized my mistake :whistle:

There were about 1000 perfect entries left before yesterday's games. There were a few upsets yesterday but nothing major. I just can't believe that the winner is going to be someone who picked the Chargers or Eagles. Seriously, come on now. :lmao:

I missed 4 games, but I picked them all at the start of the season. Had I done it on a week to week basis, I probably would have done fine. Every game I missed was mid to late season when I picked the Falcons to lose to mediocre teams who were projected to be pretty solid. Obviously by that point in the season I would have realized my mistake :whistle:

I looked at a large sample (209) of the entries that were still perfect after yesterday's games and none of them picked the Eagles, and only about 15% of them picked the Patriots the week before. Based on that sample, statistically it is very unlikely that more than 1% of the total perfect entries picked the Eagles.

So, based on 1% (a fairly generous estimate) and 15%, the 'expected' number of entrants that would have made it back to the week 15 tie breaker would be about 1.8. Of course, it could have been 6 or it could have been just one (me). But, the chances of it being 6 or more are very, very small.

If there were a few that made it back to the week 15 tie breaker, I was still in good shape, since I had the Colts and only the Vikings beat their point total - there were no people that picked the Vikings in week 15 within the sample I looked at.

Point being, anything is possible, but it is probable that I would have won had the Eagles point total held up. But alas, it matters not because the Chargers ran up 52 points last night. Congrats to whoever did win.

Last edited: