I Think The Bay Net Needs to do a Profanity Check

sockgirl77

Just an FYI, this was NOT a copy and paste from a police press release. This was "written" by Charlie Seifert, who I am convinced is a complete idiot. However, the editor is to blame. He (Marty Madden) should have, AT THE BARE MINIMUM, at least bleeped out the foul language. He should also reprimand his writer for typing that BS. However, no complaining will ever fix that staff. I, of all people, know this for a fact.

glhs837

Power with Control
what a ####ing bunch of old biddies.

Well, eff you then :) Really though, as a retired sailor I have no problem with foul language in the right context. But the news report isn't one of those. And more than the HallMark Channel is.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Nope, but I don't expect to see it on the 6pm news. Over on Showtime or HBO, sure. I expect to see it in some places, not in others.

Right, because there is a time and a place for everything, and the place for profanity and offensive language is not in mainstream news stories. It is still considered taboo by many, and is typically not necessary to the story.

But that's just my opinion. Shoot, you see foul language and offensive adult content in Buzzfeed stories all the time, and they are supposedly a "news outlet". So it could be that Baynet is simply going down the blogger kid path in order to attract a younger audience, and they no longer want to identify with the mainstream conventional.

Or it could just be poor judgment on the part of their "reporter".

:shrug:

glhs837

Power with Control
Usually not. Usually referred to as profanity, or vulgarity. Allowed but only if you

"Mr Bernie P reportedly said 'Screw you, Officer, I'll (suspect then referred to lewd acts) my goat if I want to!!!!' and was subsequently arrested"

BernieP

Resident PIA
Usually not. Usually referred to as profanity, or vulgarity. Allowed but only if you

"Mr Bernie P reportedly said 'Screw you, Officer, I'll (suspect then referred to lewd acts) my goat if I want to!!!!' and was subsequently arrested"

I think that's wrong, the media should report, not censor, what is said and done.

The great irony is that they won't do it on the news, but will on a show (for entertainment purposes).

glhs837

Power with Control
I think that's wrong, the media should report, not censor, what is said and done.

The great irony is that they won't do it on the news, but will on a show (for entertainment purposes).

So we should not say sexual assault but rather describe what was stuck where, and how many times? Phrasing isn't censoring.