I think ...

More than a month later and it's still going. The question now is, does it have enough steam to push the DJIA through the 10,000 level?

Fishn Guy

That's Dr. Fishn to you..
So... since I guess I'm the only person that watches trends for longer than a month...
What statistical impact does the next 2 months have with it? I'll give you a clue... Our economy cannot survive it. regardless of the volume the DJI has right now

Larry Gude

Strung Out
So... since I guess I'm the only person that watches trends for longer than a month...
What statistical impact does the next 2 months have with it? I'll give you a clue... Our economy cannot survive it. regardless of the volume the DJI has right now

I'm all ears. Please elaborate. Oh, and Tilted obviously watches over time. He came back to his own post even though it wasn't flattering.

:popcorn:

Fishn Guy

I'm all ears. Please elaborate. Oh, and Tilted obviously watches over time. He came back to his own post even though it wasn't flattering.

:popcorn:

Winter.... Look at the trends since 1997 and watch what the strength of the market has done with the onset of the off season. So, while its all fine and dandy right now, since there are no damn jobs, resources are dwindling, oil prices dont realy move any to match the demand, unemployments up, folks travel less, less homes are built etc etc etc... what do you suppose will happen with our grand society?
Its gonna be a rough road to April.. Just throwing that around... market watching is gay for now

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Winter.... Look at the trends since 1997 and watch what the strength of the market has done with the onset of the off season. So, while its all fine and dandy right now, since there are no damn jobs, resources are dwindling, oil prices dont realy move any to match the demand, unemployments up, folks travel less, less homes are built etc etc etc... what do you suppose will happen with our grand society?
Its gonna be a rough road to April.. Just throwing that around... market watching is gay for now

Ok, I follow. However, there is evidence of things looking up. Supposedly, China is very busy making our Christmas presents and 70% of Super bowl commercials have already been sold.

:buddies:

Fishn Guy

Ok, I follow. However, there is evidence of things looking up. Supposedly, China is very busy making our Christmas presents and 70% of Super bowl commercials have already been sold.

:buddies:

Good we turned around the marketing social network... China could just give our kids away for christmas.. they own em anyways...

What makes you think you're the only person that watches trends for longer than a month?

It's no secret that equity values generally tend to fare better during the time period from November to April inclusive, than they do during the time period from May to October inclusive. You know, that whole sell in May and go away thing? I'd be willing to bet that someone with diversified money in the equity markets, who was short from May through October and long from November through April, would be up significantly since 1997. We are nearly through that historically more-bearish season now though - which, of course, doesn't mean much with regard to what will happen this year.

As for the reality of our economic situation, I think I've probably spoken about it as much as anyone. How many times have I mentioned stuff like re-inflating the phony wealth bubble? You might not know the answer to that question - it's a lot.