I thought "breakthrough" infections were rare?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So how come every day another prominent person who is fully vaccinated turns up covid positive?

Reactions: BOP

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Not so rare.
A weekly intelligence report examining vaccine uptake rates, new positive Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) case count, hospitalization, and death by a UK government health agency says that 98 percent of the country’s adult population has antibodies against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. Nonetheless, the majority of positive cases in demographics aged 40 and up are vaccine breakthroughs

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I have no idea what the vaccine is, but I’m convinced it has nothing to do with Covid.

i’ve been around eight people in the last year and a half that I know had Covid. Including one that died.

I never caught it either before or after the vaccine.

And I had 15 months of exposure without the vaccine.

I think it’s a damn placebo.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
To borrow from another deadly process: Vaccinations "should be safe, legal, and rare".

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Check prices lately? Most can only get them by an illegal means
I haven’t done too bad on that. Bought a whole New York strip a while ago and cut the steaks myself. Price isn’t too bad doing it that way.

I am longing for the days of 6.99 porterhouse steaks on sale at giant or Safeway.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I haven’t done too bad on that. Bought a whole New York strip a while ago and cut the steaks myself. Price isn’t too bad doing it that way.

I am longing for the days of 6.99 porterhouse steaks on sale at giant or Safeway.
I distinctly remember my mom saying if the price of steak went over a dollar a pound she'd stop buying it.

Clem72

I distinctly remember my mom saying if the price of steak went over a dollar a pound she'd stop buying it.

Relatives on the west coast still send me pictures of steaks they pick up on sale. Safeway and Ralphs routinely doing boneless porterhouse for $5.99/lb or NY Strip and T-Bones for $4.99.

Why does California get the beef deals, they have a lot of cattle but not more than Texas or Florida.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Winn-Dixie just had a one-day sale on boneless ribeyes, $5.99/lb. I bought a whole bunch, packed them individually, and put them in the freezer. On

Every Tuesday Fresh Market has boneless chicken breasts $2.99/lb and ground chuck $3.99/lb - the idea with them being that you come in for the cheap meat and end up impulse buying their $12 cookies, $8 bread, etc. If you can control yourself you can get some great deals.

Hijinx

The New York Strip Loins I was buying for $5.79. went up to $7.59 and the Angus New York Strip Loin was $11.39.

Now Angus may be a nice steer, but there isn't that much difference in their meat.

Hijinx

I was neve a gum chewer, but there is a guy that goes to my Church that
is a real gum chewer. He goes up to Communion chewing gum

Kinnakeet

If covid is in the air everyone should have it I would think or is it just in certain areas and you have to walk past it