I went and looked at new trucks

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
I bought one of those Honda Ridglines a couple years ago. Works great for me. I think it's rated @ 19/24. I didn't need anything bigger.

R

RadioPatrol

Mousebaby said:
Hubby's got a 94 Ford F150 4x4 that has 130,000 miles on it. We pray everyday that he goes out the door that it will last til my car is paid for! :lmao:

cheaper to put in a motor or trans that get that new payment again .......

put an $1800 tranny in my wife's '94 Ford Explorer 2 yrs ago 186k miles ......... she broke down just shy of her mothers in Pitt PA :faint:

it was a real toss up to pay the $ 1800 get her home or not :whistle:

but I did wanted my daughter back so ................ :flowers:

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
I do this almost every THrusday night... FOrtunatly, we don't have blues jam so I closed up at 11 and can go get some sleep.

Last week I was :dead: by Saturday.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Mousebaby said:
Hubby's got a 94 Ford F150 4x4 that has 130,000 miles on it. We pray everyday that he goes out the door that it will last til my car is paid for! :lmao:
Does he even drive it? 130k isn't even broke in yet. :lmao:

Booboo3604

Pete said:
And I am impressed with my self control because I didn't buy one. :yay:

Wish I had your self control! We looked on Thursday, left with a new F-150 on Friday. We decided old "black magic" (98 F150) was ready for retirement. We are still keeping him to take care of him in his golden years though........ :lmao:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
dems4me said:
I've been thinking about getting a new one too :lol: Mine's got a lot of milleage on it and wear and tear from my marathon commutes. I'm beginning to wonder about getting from A to B (which is a long ways) almost daily at this point. Any suggestions? What's the least gas guzzling?
What about a cheapie commuter car only dems? Maybe something for a few hundred/thousand bucks. :yay:

D

dems4me

Chasey_Lane said:
What about a cheapie commuter car only dems? Maybe something for a few hundred/thousand bucks. :yay:

Thanks, but I had thought of using my truck as a trade in because I could use whatever money they are willing to give me for it towards the purchase of a new truck. I would still need a truck for towing the boat (when its not at the marina (winter time)) and I like being able to haul things in it. If I bought a cheapie commuter car for a few hundred or few thousand dollars, I would worry about the reliability of it. Cars are one of those things that "you get what you pay for". This would be my sole means of transportation. I'd drive it into the ground and in the process wouldn't want to keep breaking down and be in a worse predicament and then having to get another cheepie car or spend lots of money in parts by having to keep fixing it. I've been in that trap before where I couldn't afford a new car and was going broke just trying to keep the one I had running up to the point of where the parts were worth more than the car :lol:

Nothing scares me more than breaking down on the side of the road and being alone and helpless to fix it :jameo: :jameo: I'd always be worried in a cheapie car that I would buy for small amountof $$. I'm not trying to get worse in reliability :lol: Given my commute, I need solid transportation. Also, I'd want something with four wheel drive so I can make it in and out of DC on snowdays - Its not like a commuter car for normal people, I need one that can handle FOUR-FIVE HOURS a day commuting, not just 20 min here and 20 min. back - I need something that can handle the daily 4-5 hour grind. I don't know that I can find a cheapie car that would work. Also I like being high up and driving the truck, when I ride in a car now, I feel like my butt's dragging :lol:

Its on my wishlist, not something I'm going to run out and buy tomorrow :lol: I have more pressing needs right now and knock on wood truck seems to be okay, but I know its getting very, very worn and thats what makes me worry and stress alot. That's why I'm worrying about getting from point a to point b, with a used cheapie car that's worn, I'd have the same worries.

I don't want to gamble on a cheapie car and breaking down, I'd rather drive a truck and pay the extra for gas...given all my pluses for driving a truck and minuses for driving a cheapie car - I'd prefer a truck even if its more in gas, was just wondernig which has the better gas mileage. Also I like the roominess of a truck, I'm in there FOUR-FIVE HOURS a day five days a week, I don't want to be all cramped up.

Hope this makes sense, the more I try to explain it all the longer and longer this post gets... :crazy: I'll shut up now. :lol: :huggy:

M

Mousebaby

kom526 said:
Does he even drive it? 130k isn't even broke in yet. :lmao:

He drives it to work, which is about 5 miles from the house and he drives it to the dump and he uses it when he's hunting. Other then that. It doesn't get much mileage on it anymore. My car gets all the work! :frown:

D

dems4me

dems4me said:
Thanks, but I had thought of using my truck as a trade in because I could use whatever money they are willing to give me for it towards the purchase of a new truck. I would still need a truck for towing the boat (when its not at the marina (winter time)) and I like being able to haul things in it. If I bought a cheapie commuter car for a few hundred or few thousand dollars, I would worry about the reliability of it. Cars are one of those things that "you get what you pay for". This would be my sole means of transportation. I'd drive it into the ground and in the process wouldn't want to keep breaking down and be in a worse predicament and then having to get another cheepie car or spend lots of money in parts by having to keep fixing it. I've been in that trap before where I couldn't afford a new car and was going broke just trying to keep the one I had running up to the point of where the parts were worth more than the car :lol:

Nothing scares me more than breaking down on the side of the road and being alone and helpless to fix it :jameo: :jameo: I'd always be worried in a cheapie car that I would buy for small amountof $$. I'm not trying to get worse in reliability :lol: Given my commute, I need solid transportation. Also, I'd want something with four wheel drive so I can make it in and out of DC on snowdays - Its not like a commuter car for normal people, I need one that can handle FOUR-FIVE HOURS a day commuting, not just 20 min here and 20 min. back - I need something that can handle the daily 4-5 hour grind. I don't know that I can find a cheapie car that would work. Also I like being high up and driving the truck, when I ride in a car now, I feel like my butt's dragging

Its on my wishlist, not something I'm going to run out and buy tomorrow :lol: I have more pressing needs right now and knock on wood truck seems to be okay, but I know its getting very, very worn and thats what makes me worry and stress alot. That's why I'm worrying about getting from point a to point b, with a used cheapie car that's worn, I'd have the same worries.

I don't want to gamble on a cheapie car and breaking down, I'd rather drive a truck and pay the extra for gas...given all my pluses for driving a truck and minuses for driving a cheapie car - I'd prefer a truck even if its more in gas, was just wondernig which has the better gas mileage. Also I like the roominess of a truck, I'm in there FOUR-FIVE HOURS a day five days a week, I don't want to be all cramped up.

Hope this makes sense, the more I try to explain it all the longer and longer this post gets... I'll shut up now. :lol:

Also given the fact that 99% of the usage would be for commuting (as I don't drive around much leisurly compared to the time commuting) why not get something a little better and reliable. Why have a cheap commuting car to drive into the ground and one that I'd only drive 10 min here or 10 min there (the truck).:shrug: It'd probably sit in my driveway and I'd probably drive the cheapy one aruond everywhere as I'm more famliliar with it from the grueling daily commutes. I have no reason for two vehicles - one truck will suffice.

I had tried this theory of having two vehicles and it didn't work. I was going to drive my car into the ground and have the truck only used for towing boat, etc..(which wasn't much) I ended up driving the truck more because I like it and the car did end up breaking down shortly after buying the truck, I prefer driving the truck much better and was taking that in and out to work, it didn't matter. My car is still in the driveway and hasn't moved in about 2-3 years. It needs transmission work ($$$) or to sell it - but I don't want to sell it without knowing what exactly is wrong with it. I'd hate to sell it to someone and have them turn around and have to buy a new transmission or sell it for 500.00 and then reailze it just needed tuning up or something. Basically what I'm trying to say is if I have something that I prefer to drive over another vehicle, I'm going to drive the one I prefer to drive, especially if its 4-5 hours a day... did that with the truck that was only supposed to be used for towing and hauling things.... I said forget this, I'm driving the truck around, especially if I have to be on the road 4-5 hours a day.:lol:

Well I'm still :blahblah:-ing I'll stop again :lol: