I would like to start my own book club...

Geek

Thankyou for the suggestion. Yes it does look a good summer read.I must admit Vampires are not my cup of tea usually.Of course I am open to reading a wide variety of literature and I might just love 'Twilight' .
Any more suggestions..
It might take a little while to get the book club off and running but it will be worth it!
I personally would like to read 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' by Khaled Hosseini.As Sula said she loved it even more than the 'Kite Runner' which I adored!
I have written all the books down suggested.
Are there any would be writers out there also? This could also be a small component of the group.
I need to know the times available you are able to attend.So if we have it at mine as well as on this forum .we can compromise.
Thankyou for your patience:buddies:

Just sayin', I have read a billion books. The twilight series is amazing. Best books I have read in a long time. Just finished the last one.

It is less about vampires and more about what would happen if "The lion fell in love with the lamb". The love story is timeless. And The kite runner is my favorite book of all time. Don't read Stephenie Meyers' for your book club if it doesn't fit for you but, I am so glad I did. The characters are so alive to me. Exquisite books.

Last edited:

ocean733

I LOVE reading. Since I moved, I would be too far to meet in person, but I would love to join a personal thread!!! :yay:

Ladybug76

hello.How are you liking it?This is my first taste of America ...We moved here in July 2007.Time has just flown by...

We moved here from California. Sometimes I feel like I am in a different country lol. It's not bad, just different for me. I am from Arizona, joined the Navy at 18 and had lived in various places in California for 12 years until we moved here last year.

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
Thankyou for the suggestion. Yes it does look a good summer read.I must admit Vampires are not my cup of tea usually.Of course I am open to reading a wide variety of literature and I might just love 'Twilight' .
Any more suggestions..
It might take a little while to get the book club off and running but it will be worth it!
I personally would like to read 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' by Khaled Hosseini.As Sula said she loved it even more than the 'Kite Runner' which I adored!
Are there any would be writers out there also? This could also be a small component of the group.
I need to know the times available you are able to attend.So if we have it at mine as well as on this forum .we can compromise.

I love to write. I do a lot of poetry and I've done some story outlines.

Ladybug76

Any more suggestions..

I think 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' sounds good. I am open to anything really. Hope you don't get frustrated. I agree that it will be difficult to get anything done until school starts. How many more days????

Sula

WDF. So worth the wait.
Seriously! We have had a good summer, but everyone is ready! They're good kids, but they have had too much time together.
That is exactly it. My little ones are really tired of sharing the love during the day.

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
Suggestions for your book club:

The Other Boleyn Girl - Phillippa Gregory
The Blessing Stone - Barbara Wood
Pillars of The Earth - Ken Follet

I'm in Great Mills too but don't know if I could attend regular book club meetings. A private forum for this would be perfect! :yay:

kelb

art imitating life
Twilight is on my current list of "to be read". I just started The Russian Concubine by Kate Furnivall and am having a hard time putting it down.

I'm reading Violets are Blue by Jame Patterson

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
I love to write too, but haven't done much in recent years. Do you let people read what you write? I have always been shy about letting people read my work.

I do, but I am very hesitant. Most everything I write poetry wise comes from something personal in my life and it's like sharing a big part of me.