ICE Campaign. (In Case of Emergency)

ICE is for if you are found somewhere (car accident, unconscious) and you have your phone. People who have found you can look for ICE and call the entries to identify you... mostly from caller ID.

AndyMarquisLIVE

That's the FIRST thing...

I just talked to a firefighter/EMT. He said they do look for entries of home, wife, work, ICE, etc.
... I would do.

Has anybody ever found someone's cell phone at the mall or somewhere? It would also be great for that.

I ALWAYS look for a number or something if I find someone's phone.

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

CC Emergency Services and Sherrifs Office do check...

My phone actually has an ICE entry at the top of the list AND can be accessed when the phone is locked! Came this way from Verizon...

Cool part is you can have multiple contacts (up to 3) in ICE - AND - you can place notes in there... mine says "No Allergies" - my wife has her allergies listed and medications she regulary takes.

i like the sounds of that.

its not that i'm dissing this ICE idea, but i just don't understand it. The ONLY person i can see that would be close and not listed under a nickname like "mom" would be a spouse. in which case, yes, i think the ICE idea is great. i guess kids too, but that would only apply when you are quite older i'd think.

also, i have a question.

do you JUST list them under "ICE", like, lets say mom for example. Do you have seperate entries..."mom" and "ICE" or do you just have "ICE" and have to remember that that is mom?

MMDad

Lem Putt
i like the sounds of that.

its not that i'm dissing this ICE idea, but i just don't understand it. The ONLY person i can see that would be close and not listed under a nickname like "mom" would be a spouse. in which case, yes, i think the ICE idea is great. i guess kids too, but that would only apply when you are quite older i'd think.

also, i have a question.

do you JUST list them under "ICE", like, lets say mom for example. Do you have seperate entries..."mom" and "ICE" or do you just have "ICE" and have to remember that that is mom?

To make it as easy as possible:

If you get knocked up side the head, and are lying in the gutter unconcious, who do you want to be the first person they call? Put that number under ICE and you're done.

also, i have a question.

do you JUST list them under "ICE", like, lets say mom for example. Do you have separate entries..."mom" and "ICE" or do you just have "ICE" and have to remember that that is mom?

I have a separate entry for Mom, Home, Spouse, etc...

If my phone is unlocked, the very first entry in my contacts is "In Case of Emergency" with a white cross surrounded in red (icon)

If my phone is locked, one of the soft keys on the display is ICE, when you slide the phone open you press the soft key under ICE. This displays my wifes name, mothers name, best friend and Persona Info which is the note that contains my "No Allergies"... simply scrolling to the name and pressing the soft key "call" will call the contact or view the note.

ICE, by default, just sits on top of the contacts and is always accessible. You add already stored contacts into it!

If you do not have ICE built in - make a seperate entry and put whoever you want to have contacted first in an emergency...

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

To make it as easy as possible:

If you get knocked up side the head, and are lying in the gutter unconcious, who do you want to be the first person they call? Put that number under ICE and you're done.

Ha, ok, so basically i'm going to do this but have two entries...one that says ICE and the other using the same person but actually saying their name...so that i don't have to remember who is my ICE person...

lol.

i think that is what yall are getting at that you do, but if not...it makes more sense to me so :razz: :lmao:

Ha, ok, so basically i'm going to do this but have two entries...one that says ICE and the other using the same person but actually saying their name....

I have an older phone, so that's what I do too, except I put a SPACE in front of the "I" in ICE so it is always on the top of the list.