Ice Cream or Not?

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I clogged up the pot pie thread with my ice cream pie stuff, so moved over here. Last night, I said this:
And one more thing about that Marie Callander "ice cream" cake. Remember Willy Wonka made an ice cream that never melted? Pretty sure he's working for Callander now. I was too lazy to throw out the piece I got earlier this evening, so I just left it on the plate. It's been sitting there for about 2 hours now and has not melted. It's gotten soft, but still looks like I just cut it. This cannot be real ice cream. Now it's a science experiment. I'm gonna leave it there and wait....

Had some still in the freezer, so cut a 'fresh' slice and left it out. Here's a pic from Friday 9:30pm.

Here it is 12 hours later, Sat 9:30am. IF this were real ice cream, it would be a soggy mess. No question now, it's NOT ice cream, but just a mess of chemicals.

Top 6 ingredients: Sugar, Soybean and Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Wheat Flour, Water, Milk, non-fat Dry Milk. One slice - Saturated fat, 95% RDA. Sugar, 36g, 64% RDA.

Just for kicks and giggles, I'm gonna leave it out some more. Wonder if it will mold, or there's enough chemicals to prevent that?

Bonehead

Kin to the three year old Mc Donalds hamburger that never rotted or got moldy...still sitting on a desk somewhere.

Grumpy

I clogged up the pot pie thread with my ice cream pie stuff, so moved over here. Last night, I said this:

Had some still in the freezer, so cut a 'fresh' slice and left it out. Here's a pic from Friday 9:30pm.
View attachment 154216

Here it is 12 hours later, Sat 9:30am. IF this were real ice cream, it would be a soggy mess. No question now, it's NOT ice cream, but just a mess of chemicals.
View attachment 154217

Top 6 ingredients: Sugar, Soybean and Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Wheat Flour, Water, Milk, non-fat Dry Milk. One slice - Saturated fat, 95% RDA. Sugar, 36g, 64% RDA.

Just for kicks and giggles, I'm gonna leave it out some more. Wonder if it will mold, or there's enough chemicals to prevent that?
I think it's related to a Big Mac

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Yup. Perfectly misleading for idiots like me that don't read first.
Good thing there was a picture on the box.

When my brother was stationed at Ft. Bragg, they had some central American soldiers getting trained there. Some non English readers went into the commissary where they purchased some Crisco brand shortening. The reason they bought some canned lard was because at the time Crisco had a slice of cherry pie on the label. These kids thought it was canned cherry pie. Imagine their surprise when they peaked in to see just some white, redneck tanning lotion.