Iceland Volcanic Eruptions

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
What's the big deal?

If Yellowstone were blowing it's top, I'd understand it making our news. How does an Icelandic volcano affect us?

effect or affect?

Grumpy

What's the big deal?

If Yellowstone were blowing it's top, I'd understand it making our news. How does an Icelandic volcano affect us?

effect or affect?
A major eruption disrupts a lot more than just Iceland.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
What's the big deal?

effect or affect?
I was trapped in Norway for a month when one of Iceland's volcanoes blew its top and screwed up European air routes. 2010. I didn't mind in the least...Norway being my second home, I just settled in to my office they give me in Mandal and waited it out.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
A major eruption disrupts a lot more than just Iceland.
Ok, ash and dust in the air. But won't is blow east, away from us? Or are they on a different air cycle that will bring dust and ash to us?

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Mt. Etna in Sicily is currently rumbling. I wonder if these events are connected like they are in the Pacific's ring of fire.

NextJen

Raisin cane
Wasn’t there something some time back, over across the ocean, that was potentially going to happen and send a tsunami so big it would wipe out our east coast? What happened to that?

GregV814

one of two things:

I will have waterfront property

Godzillra will be turning over ships and the Japanese will film the event very poorly. (run fo yoh rives, PREASE!!!)

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Wasn’t there something some time back, over across the ocean, that was potentially going to happen and send a tsunami so big it would wipe out our east coast? What happened to that?
Yeah, Canary Island eruption, the predicted tsunami never happened.

Chopticon64

I’m with my-thyme, this is a distraction about something, we of course don’t know what, but my spidey senses started going off after I saw those ridiculous photos of gashes in the ground.

What green new deal BS are we going to face now?

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
one of two things:

I will have waterfront property

Godzillra will be turning over ships and the Japanese will film the event very poorly. (run fo yoh rives, PREASE!!!)
Untitled.jpg

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
A friend of ours is fulfilling her bucket list.
She is in Iceland doing the want to see everything tourist thing.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
LaPalma.

Still got a big crack in the island but doesn't seem to be getting any worse.