ID this bug/ant

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Where is this :barf: thing while we're having a forum pow wow about it?

I would have used the ol' hairspray/lighter blowtorch shoot first/ask later method myself... :razz:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Nanny Pam said:
I told you earlier....
I think it's a crotch cricket. :razz:
Well your darling DQ found it ... probably brought it back from :gossip:'s house in Fl. :whistle: :lmao:

Thanks for the ID folks ... I've seen 'em around a few times and didn't know what it was. :ohwell:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Airgasm said:
Hard to tell, but it appears to be the very rare "Blurry Ant"
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I would call whatever it is DEAD if it were anywhere near me. I hate most bugs. :shiver:

Jameo

What?!
BuddyLee said:
They're nickname is the 'cow killer'. I believe it's the females that 'scream', yes scream. I only know this because I had to collect bugs for my 8th grade science project. We found one of these and while my mother and I were pinning it to the board it woke up from it's freezer slumber and started screaming.:yikes:

Do they really kill cows? :sad:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Jameo said:
Do they really kill cows? :sad:
:lol: No, I believe they call it a 'cow killer' because if stung the pain feels as if it could kill a cow. If you find one crawling on the ground chances are it's a female. Poke at it with a stick and it might just scream at you.:twitch:

Bonehead

We used to see those in Florida all the time. Their sting is ........memorable. If the wasp doesn't scream the recipient surely will.