Ideas for a 2 year olds Birthday Party Location

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
Kind of sounds like mommy had a few too many catered birthday parties as a child to me.

JMHO...

No actually it is because she did not have such growing up that she wants such for her kids. Like I said previously, all that I can do is smile, nod, and say yes dear. This is not an issue to turn into an argument from my perspective. On a different note, The Jump Yard is CLOSED! From what I can tell from the lack of response to email and phone calls and the appearance of the store front it is out of business so now I guess it is time to look into the Waldorf options.

pebbles

No actually it is because she did not have such growing up that she wants such for her kids. Like I said previously, all that I can do is smile, nod, and say yes dear. This is not an issue to turn into an argument from my perspective. On a different note, The Jump Yard is CLOSED! From what I can tell from the lack of response to email and phone calls and the appearance of the store front it is out of business so now I guess it is time to look into the Waldorf options.

That stinks! I wasn't aware they had closed. I haven't been but there is a place in Waldorf called "Pump It Up" that some of my friends have been to for kid parties. Good Luck Crewdawg!

Tami2red

Trust me I was on the page of buying decorations, a cake, and having this party at home. Apparently I am not on the same page as mommy, mommy says to do it elsewhere as "the house is not really set up for so many people" I can see her point and I know that this is not a moment for an argument, this is a moment for me to say "Yes, Dear" and be as supportive and helpful that I can be with her decision. My vote is with the Jump Yard. As for funding the kids college, I will be selling off my 55 Chevy 210 and my 85 M1009 in the very near future to make room for kids toys and save me from spending money on my habits while affording the kids and mommy's plans for birthdays.:ohwell:

Smart Man :yay:

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
That stinks! I wasn't aware they had closed. I haven't been but there is a place in Waldorf called "Pump It Up" that some of my friends have been to for kid parties. Good Luck Crewdawg!

I liked what I have seen at "Pump It Up", my only thought at the moment is that most of the kids attending are still a bit young for the place. Saturday is the day and now I am working on finding a cake. Last year Charles Street Bakery made the cake, and this years cake will be two tiered like last years (so much for my inexpensive McKay's or Walls 1/4 sheet cake). Anita's is closed today and I am waiting to hear back from Maureen's Cakes, any recommendations on cake places? I like trying other peoples creations in the food arena, that is my only reason of why to look elsewhere and not just go back to Charles Street.

sockgirl77

Home. Cake, ice cream, Pin the Tail on the Donkey, presents. Voila...a party. You're 2 year old will not know the difference and your wallet will thank you. :clap:

DEEKAYPEE8569

Home. Cake, ice cream, Pin the Tail on the Donkey, presents. Voila...a party. You're 2 year old will not know the difference and your wallet will thank you. :clap:

If any of your friends have children that age; or around that age; get a good sized cake, put it somewhere easily cleaned; tell them not to touch it and leave the room. :lol:
Just be sure to put a video camera someplace close. Of course, at home. :evil:

Last edited:

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!

I totally agree with you, however mommy wants bigger and better. What was to be a nice little gathering of family and neighbors with two little boys has turned into cousins and coworkers on top of what I previously mentioned. I am now at the point just take the wallet and do what ever it is that you want to do and I will be there with a smile. It is easier to take this approach than it is to fight over something that is supposed to be a happy day. I will just figure out what to sell to make up for what is spent on keeping the peace.

sockgirl77

I totally agree with you, however mommy wants bigger and better. What was to be a nice little gathering of family and neighbors with two little boys has turned into cousins and coworkers on top of what I previously mentioned. I am now at the point just take the wallet and do what ever it is that you want to do and I will be there with a smile. It is easier to take this approach than it is to fight over something that is supposed to be a happy day. I will just figure out what to sell to make up for what is spent on keeping the peace.

I stopped it with the elaborate parties a few years ago. I cut the budget little by little until it became just immediate family and cake. Not one of my kids complains about not having a massive party either. The people that really matter are there and my kids suffer no loss of birthday gifts. :lol:

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
I stopped it with the elaborate parties a few years ago. I cut the budget little by little until it became just immediate family and cake. Not one of my kids complains about not having a massive party either. The people that really matter are there and my kids suffer no loss of birthday gifts. :lol:

I am all for the same logic that you are using, mommy however is still at the stage that this is our first child and it is her second birthday.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron

I apologize for my earlier comment. If I where in your situation, I'm sure I would do the exact same thing. I hope the little one has a grand old time and you don't have to sell all your hobbies to fund the party.

acommondisaster

I apologize for my earlier comment. If I where in your situation, I'm sure I would do the exact same thing. I hope the little one has a grand old time and you don't have to sell all your hobbies to fund the party.

Yeah, I have say the same thing. Good luck to you. Nice you understand how important it is to her. Hopefully it wont take but a couple more birthdays before she realizes it's not really about the lavish party. Happy birthday to your little one!

pebbles

I liked what I have seen at "Pump It Up", my only thought at the moment is that most of the kids attending are still a bit young for the place. Saturday is the day and now I am working on finding a cake. Last year Charles Street Bakery made the cake, and this years cake will be two tiered like last years (so much for my inexpensive McKay's or Walls 1/4 sheet cake). Anita's is closed today and I am waiting to hear back from Maureen's Cakes, any recommendations on cake places? I like trying other peoples creations in the food arena, that is my only reason of why to look elsewhere and not just go back to Charles Street.

Did you check to see if Hollywood Rec Center has parties geared more to the little ones? The party we went to was nice & I could see where they COULD do it, just not sure if they do.

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
Don't worry, her logic will be more focused on the wallet after another kid. :razz:

:huggy:

Oh, number 2's party is already in discussion as his 1st birthday is March 9th. So, maybe if there is a third child she will throttle back on the grandiose ideas like this.

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!

No offense taken, I have learned that with maturity comes wisdom (the maturity just took a LONG time to set in with me) I have realized that I am not the center of anything anymore. It is now about the kids and making her happy, cooperation is key to parenting and a successful relationship.

As for the hobbies, my M1009 is already on CL and the 55 Chevy will be there soon. The money saved from me playing with those will go into the kids college funds after paying for the parties, I am currently looking into new hobbies that take up less space, time, and money.