Identify Plant

IMNEMT-B

This vine just started growing from my tomato garden and is taking over all my mater plants. Can someone tell me what it is? It is now starting to have flowers, but no fruit yet. Hoping something good is to come of it.

Garden Vine.jpg

IMNEMT-B

If it is morning glory, which are so pretty, can I replant it somewhere else? Not sure how this would end up in my veggie garden.

Agee

1280px-Morning_Glory_Leaves_3284px.jpg

morning glory leaves...

Yes, if its' wild grape as mig stated "destroy it". If it's morning glory remove and you can plant it somewhere remote in your yard. But keep an eye on it, will spread...

R

rhenderson

It is a morning glory - not wild grape. This vine will die off in the fall with frost. However, all those pretty blossoms it puts out will produce a little seed pod with four seeds in each pod. Next year - and the year after -and the year -ad infinitum - new plants will sprout and engulf anything under 10-12 feet high. If you have an area you really want to let go wild these plants adds a nice texture and color. Instead of trying to transplant a plant the size of this one, look for a seedling with only a couple of leaves. The seedlings will be a new plant about 1-3 inches high with two squarish leaves.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I think it looks like kudzu, you'll know pretty quick when it covers your house.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I have permanent stakes in my garden supporting blackberries, raspberries, and a cucumber trellis. This year I see, under everyone of them, poison ivy.

@#$%^& birdie poo.:tantrum:cussing:

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Morning glory will have a very tender, easy to mash stem.

Wild grape will have a more woody stem.

I was looking more at the tendrils when I made my guess. Didn't think MG was that curly.

Lilypad

It is Morning Glory and will take over your entire world if you let it. These lil tendrils will wrap around any and every thing it comes in contact with-it's no hold barred. :jameo: