Idiot at the Jet/Cowboys game

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
"My father was rooting for his team," McKelvey said. "Jets fans got upset but that doesn't give them the right to jump a 59-year-old man."

This part seems to be downplayed by most of the stories and wasn't even mention on CNN this morning
When his father didn't stand for part of the opening ceremony, McKelvey said Jets fans started heckling the group.

and there's more....

According to reports, 59-year-old Cowboys fan Leroy McKelvey and some friends in the upper deck refused to remove their hats or stand during the national anthem, and they would not be quiet during the playing of "Taps" and "Amazing Grace." That raised the ire of a Marine sitting at the end of the row. When the Marine refused to let McKelvey out of the row at halftime, McKelvey pulled a stun gun from his pocket and shocked the Marine, sending him tumbling down six rows

It seems to be getting spun as Jets vs Cowboy fan instead of citizens getting pissed that some scumbag showing no respect for the events of 9/11

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
"McKelvey's son, a New York radio DJ who goes by the name Charlamagne Tha God, said his father is a devout Jehovah's Witness who doesn't believe in standing for the national anthem."

LordStanley

I know nothing
"My father was rooting for his team," McKelvey said. "Jets fans got upset but that doesn't give them the right to jump a 59-year-old man."

This part seems to be downplayed by most of the stories and wasn't even mention on CNN this morning

and there's more....

It seems to be getting spun as Jets vs Cowboy fan instead of citizens getting pissed that some scumbag showing no respect for the events of 9/11

That doesnt give them the right to beat the crap out of him.

Otter

Nothing to see here
"McKelvey's son, a New York radio DJ who goes by the name Charlamagne Tha God, said his father is a devout Jehovah's Witness who doesn't believe in standing for the national anthem."

Thats fine if he believes that but making himself a martyr for his beliefs is downright stupid. Like it or not, sitting down or not removing your hat at a sports event is going to draw the ire of quite a few, rightly or wrongly. LOL..wears cowboy stuff to a night game in new york, refuses to stand during the national anthem, brings a taser to the game..

yeah, this guy wasn't looking for any trouble../sarcasm off.

thurley42

HY;FR
That doesnt give them the right to beat the crap out of him.

You are right, it doesn't.....but much like the bike rider that was hit last week in Chaptico....there comes a time when you have to stop playing the victim card and realize that your actions played a role in what happened.

A. It is sad but true, that you are asking for trouble wearing the visitor teams jersey to most stadiums these days. I wore my Browns gear to a Ravens game one time, and I got beer thrown on me, threatened, etc. I am not a small person, nor am I one to not stick up for myself, but that day I feared for my safety and we left early.....Did I mention I was with 3 Ravens fans? Mob mentality, mixed with alcohol and like dressed inviduals is a dangerous combination.

B. If it's against your religion to stand for the National Anthem, that is your right. However, you are in New York (Jersey) on the 10th anniversary of 9/11, wearing Cowboys gear. I feel you are asking for it.....but even through all of that, I will say it was still his right to do so. Where I draw the line is refusing to be quiet for Taps, and the moment of silence. NOw you are openly disrespecting and distracting everyone around you.

C. He had a tazer, that in my eyes says he was looking for a fight. You don't carry a tazer around with you unless you feel you are going to be attacked.

From what I have read it seems to me he fully knew what he was doing and intended to pi$$ people off.....and now wants to play the victim card...

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
WHy do people have to take stuff into their own hands though? Couldnt they have just informed authorities?

About what? It's not a crime to be disrespectful, rude or insensitive.
When the Marine told him he wasn't going to stand for him if he couldn't stand for his country the "devout Jehovah's Witness", McKelvey pulled out the taser and fired

lovinmaryland

About what? It's not a crime to be disrespectful, rude or insensitive.
When the Marine told him he wasn't going to stand for him if he couldn't stand for his country the "devout Jehovah's Witness", McKelvey pulled out the taser and fired

I am talking about the taser why didnt someone just get the authorities and have him removed easy peasy!

I completely agree that he was out of line and disrespectful.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I am talking about the taser why didnt someone just get the authorities and have him removed easy peasy!

I completely agree that he was out of line and disrespectful.

Nobody knew he had it till he used it.

Once he used it, he got arrested.

easy peasy

Vince

Earlier in the week, Jets coach Rex Ryan was asked about whether there would be a lot of Cowboys fans in the Jets home stadium.

"I don't know why they'd be here," Ryan said. "They're coming into our stadium, it's probably not recommended that you wear Cowboys stuff, I would think."
Guess it's not a free country anymore unless you're a Jets fan. :lol:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Guess it's not a free country anymore unless you're a Jets fan. :lol:

It's a pretty ####ing sad country when you can't express your opinion and support your team, without getting goons after you.

Oh, and the Jets suck, just sayin'...