If You Can't Beat 'Em, Throttle 'Em

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.

Snip:

In the new policy released Thursday, Twitter said that for people who fit its new criteria, it will place a notice over tweets that violate its standards but it still deems to have some public interest value. Users will have to click through the notice in order to view the original tweet. The notice will include a link to more information and say, “The Twitter Rules about abusive behavior apply to this Tweet. However, Twitter has determined that it may be in the public’s interest for the Tweet to remain available,” according to the blog post.
Twitter said it will also make it harder for this type of message to spread by taking steps to keep the tweet from becoming “algorithmically elevated.”
Employees across Twitter’s trust and safety, legal, public policy and regional teams will determine whether a tweet is considered of public interest, according to the blog post. The team will come to a decision by evaluating factors including the “immediacy and severity of potential harm from the rule violation,” whether preserving the tweet will allow for public accountability and whether it provides unique context not otherwise available.

(Emphasis mine)

Yup. You read that correctly; a small team of Twitter's employees will determine whether the leader's tweet is of interest....

Now it's time for government to get involved.

--- End of line (MCP)

littlelady

God bless the USA

Snip:

In the new policy released Thursday, Twitter said that for people who fit its new criteria, it will place a notice over tweets that violate its standards but it still deems to have some public interest value. Users will have to click through the notice in order to view the original tweet. The notice will include a link to more information and say, “The Twitter Rules about abusive behavior apply to this Tweet. However, Twitter has determined that it may be in the public’s interest for the Tweet to remain available,” according to the blog post.
Twitter said it will also make it harder for this type of message to spread by taking steps to keep the tweet from becoming “algorithmically elevated.”
Employees across Twitter’s trust and safety, legal, public policy and regional teams will determine whether a tweet is considered of public interest, according to the blog post. The team will come to a decision by evaluating factors including the “immediacy and severity of potential harm from the rule violation,” whether preserving the tweet will allow for public accountability and whether it provides unique context not otherwise available.

(Emphasis mine)

Yup. You read that correctly; a small team of Twitter's employees will determine whether the leader's tweet is of interest....

Now it's time for government to get involved.

--- End of line (MCP)

I don’t Twit; nor do I FB, Google, Amazon, etc. You get the idea, Yoop, These entities are trying to control the World. No, thank you. I will remain my free self, and honor those who have died to give me that right to be free. This forum is my only social media outlet. I told hub, who does use these entities to say ‘bye’; which was our one and a half year old grandson’s first word. He, already, gets it. :lol: