If you can't get Trump, go after Barr

Chris0nllyn

Chris, I have to respectfully disagree. I get what you're saying, but if what @stgislander is saying is true (i.e., that Pavlich had reliable info as to the timeline) it effectively undermines your assertion. Granted, it's somewhat of an "if," but Pavlich's "if" seems to hold more water than your "if" at this point.

--- End of line (MCP)

What assertion am I making? I'm pointing out the fact that Trump tweeted at 1:48 am, and later that day the request came out.

What Pavlich did was what this fourm hates. "Spoke with unnamed sources".

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
What assertion am I making? I'm pointing out the fact that Trump tweeted at 1:48 am, and later that day the request came out.
I would call your linking of the two an assertion. Perhaps I'm using the wrong word, but it seems like you're asserting a cause-effect. And that is what I'm cautiously disagreeing with.

--- End of line (MCP)

Yooper

Speaking of impeachment, there are probably a thousand angles to this story, but I wouldn't be surprised if one of them is Trump playing the Dems. He tweets, causes a Dem uproar, and then they reflexively (like Pavlov's dog) begin to cry "IMPEACH!"

Wouldn't a new impeachment push once again help Trump and hurt Dems in the run-up to November 2020?
This seems to be what York is saying:
On the other hand, impeachment was big, and. even if it does fade from memory, Trump appears determined to keep it alive.

"The radical Left's pathetic partisan crusade has completely failed and utterly backfired," the president told a crowd of 12,000 at a rally in Manchester, New Hampshire, on the eve of that state's primary. "While the extreme Left has been wasting America's time with this vile hoax, we've been killing terrorists, creating jobs, raising wages, enacting fair trade deals, securing our borders, and lifting up citizens of every race, color, religion, and creed."

After his "full, complete, and absolute total acquittal," Trump will not let voters forget what Democrats did. But Trump's purpose is not only to vent. On the campaign trail in the coming months, he will take care to place the Democratic impeachment in the context of his administration's accomplishments, economic and otherwise.

By the way, Trump drew a capacity crowd of 12,000 in New Hampshire, dwarfing any crowd drawn by Democrats in their hotly contested primary. He did the same thing in Iowa just before the caucuses, speaking to a packed house of more than 7,000 in Des Moines.

In Iowa, Trump also put impeachment in context: He is doing the country's work while Democrats are consumed with partisan rage.

And:
That can make it look like Democrats are trying to forget impeachment in this election year. Indeed, Speaker Nancy Pelosi, fresh from pushing impeachment through the House on a partisan vote, recently tweeted that the "three most important issues to America's working families" are: "1) Health care. 2) Health care. 3) Health care."

But don't look for the president and Republicans to allow Pelosi to slip away from impeachment.

"I believe the overtly partisan, fumbling, and bumbling fashion with which House Democrats conducted the process will boost GOP/right-of-center voters and demonstrate to progressive/left voters that the Democrats cannot deliver," said veteran Republican strategist David Carney in an email exchange. "Their incompetence in impeachment, the Iowa count, and stopping the Trump agenda lowers confidence in establishment Democrats to red-flag levels. Overall, the whole impeachment circus has been a net negative for the Pelosi forces."

--- End of line (MCP)

Chris0nllyn

I would call your linking of the two an assertion. Perhaps I'm using the wrong word, but it seems like you're asserting a cause-effect. And that is what I'm cautiously disagreeing with.

--- End of line (MCP)

This is how the discussion went.
I feel fairly certain Trump tweeted AFTER Barr made his determination.
:nono:

Do not let FACTS get in the way of a Good Leftist Attack
Never mind the silly idea that Trump's only method of communicating with Barr is via Twitter;

Trump Tweeted on 2/11. At 1:48am.

Later that day the interim U.S. attorney for DC overrode the sentencing.
https://assets.documentcloud.org/do...ase-Government-s-Supplemental-and-Amended.pdf

I'm pointing out to GURPS (since HE brought up "FACTS") that your belief that Trump tweeted after the determination is incorrect. Since facts matter to him.

Yooper

Speaking of Twitter, here's my fave comic strip writer:

And:

Agree, 100%, on both sentiments.

And speaking f (re)impeachment, Eric "Duke Nuke'm" Swalwell told Jake Tapper today that, yes, in fact, we might have to impeach Trump again! Go get 'em, Tiger!

--- End of line (MCP)

Last edited: