If you had to vote today in Calvert County..

If you were going to vote today in Calvert County who would you vote for?

• Patrick Flaherty

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Ben Ridgely

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Becky Tice

• Ford Gallagher

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Doug Parran

• Mike Benton

• Bill Chambers

• Cal Steuart

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
How about "none of the above" and "none of the current commissioners" as a choice?

residentofcre said:
I wonder if people are voting for people they know?
Becky....How in the h... do you have a poll without including the incumbents that you know are going to run? Doug "light" Parran is probably voting for himself on a regular basis. Are you?

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
I'm not a Calvert person so I won't participate in the poll. However, seeing the list of names I've never seen/heard of before brought up a point I've complained about for a long time.

How can the average person who's not politically active on the local level know who the candidates are and what political group they represent? A lot of us have defined preferences (i.e., liberal, conservative, Democrat, Republican, etc.) but aren't able to attend council meetings, breakfasts, and the like because we have stuff to do that fills our time. The Enterprise usually makes an attempt in the 4-year elections, at the last minute, to carry blurbs about the candidates, but it's the only such reportage that I know of, and I don't recall them doing it for the off-year elections.

We can say that each citizen has a responsibility to educate him/herself about the candidates and the issues, and certainly that's true. But having said that, what resources does the average citizen have available for that kind of stuff? If I were to vote right now for St. Mary's folks, I'd have to see party labels next to the names, so I could vote for people in my party - because beyond that, I'd have no clue who to vote for.

And I don't trust any local candidates to truthfully state who they are and what they stand for. They are almost guaranteed to only tell me what I want to hear. (JPC Jr. excepted, of course - he's trying to make sure he doesn't get elected for ANYTHING).

R

residentofcre

luthersomd said:
Becky....How in the h... do you have a poll without including the incumbents that you know are going to run? Doug "light" Parran is probably voting for himself on a regular basis. Are you?

I have only voted once ... Did you know that I was an election judge until this year? I like doing things right...

The reason I didn't include the incumbents is because they had not put their name in the hat when I opened this survey.... I wanted to keep track of how I was doing with the others....

There are polls on other sites.... and maybe people are voting more than once on those....

bcp

In My Opinion
Railroad said:
(JPC Jr. excepted, of course - he's trying to make sure he doesn't get elected for ANYTHING).

and on the other hand, have you ever in your lifetime known of a candidate that was honest to the point of killing his chances of winning?

most would tell you what you want to hear to get your vote, then slam you once they were elected.

damn shame JPC is so far detached from reality, his honesty is almost refreshing in the world of politics.

R

residentofcre

bcp said:
and on the other hand, have you ever in your lifetime known of a candidate that was honest to the point of killing his chances of winning?

I am actually trying to run that kind of honest campaign...

Maybe I'm not a real politician... just someone who knows that they can do the job... and wants the chance to do so....

Mea Culpa!!

residentofcre said:
I have only voted once ... Did you know that I was an election judge until this year? I like doing things right...

The reason I didn't include the incumbents is because they had not put their name in the hat when I opened this survey.... I wanted to keep track of how I was doing with the others....

There are polls on other sites.... and maybe people are voting more than once on those....
Wow...That explains it all...I guess...Your honor..i'm sorry that i questioned your wisdom!!

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
from her webpage:

"Accomplishments:

Uncovered predecessor’s accounting error and natural causes for loss and recovery of 10,000 gallons jet fuel at Government Installation

Developed Fleet Budget and uncovered silent recall giving back 1/3 annual budget to non-profit organization fro use in more hands-on projects

Uncovered and proved IRS errors fro two companies and negotiated abatement of interest and penalties charged for Federal and State Withholding and Income Taxes

Uncovered Sales Tax Audit Errors, Negotiated Appeal and abatement of interest, penalties, and refund of some payments made

Organized & computerized 110-year-old company complete with sales brochures & web page

Created and produced full-page color advertisement for local company

Managed Software Company two years, annual sales increased from $125,000 to $1,000,000+

Discovered transportation clause in State Contract allowing for the billing and collection of over $5,000 in previous losses

Organized blue line drawing room, upgraded process to computerized black lines increasing speed and cutting cost

Produced flexible budgets, inventory control, tracked efficiency to bring costs in line with production

Honored> Professional Management 2000/International Who’s Who Award

Appointed> National Business Advisory Council/NRCC

Appointed> Infrastructure Task Force/Calvert County/Maryland General Assembly

Appointed> Calvert County Common Ownership Infrastructure Advisory Committee [COIAC]

Elected> Director Property Owners Association Chesapeake Ranch Estates [POACRE]

Appointed> Liaison CRE Roads Committee, Facilities Committee

Member> CRE Architectural Review Committee

:whistle:

cdsulhoff

residentofcre said:
I am actually trying to run that kind of honest campaign...

Maybe I'm not a real politician... just someone who knows that they can do the job... and wants the chance to do so....

Someone needs to make sure the votes for mayor in Chesapeake beach is valid. That A**hole Donovan won this last time by a thread.. I truly think that the person who ran against him really should of won... Oh I cannot wait till the day Donovan is elected out...

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
residentofcre said:

:rolleyes:

I should move to Calvert County just so I can vote there........ :lmao: