"If you love your job,....

Your Workday--labor or joy?

• Couldn't be much happier,...love my job.

Votes: 21 28.4%
  • Satisfied, work is smooth, no major complaints.

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Looking forward to a change, generally unsatisfying

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • Ball & chain, a grind,...dread waking up...I'd leave tomorrow.

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • Stay-at-home/unemployed/retired.-Loving it

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Stay-at-home/unemployed/retired--wish I was at work.

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hessian

natural outcome...

of an unsatisfying work environment...

is dulled routine. I see a number of you are not upset at your commute,...but just find it utterly draining. I look appalled at the fuel bill every month, and imagine what it would be like to have an extra $200+ in my pocket & not have to replace the car every 4 years.

I also realize there a few "minefields" that must not come up in conversation with my wife,...she has heard it before, and made it very clear she does not want to hear it again.

I bet this is just the tip of the iceberg.

abcxyz

I don't wake up every morning doing jumping jacks that I get to go to work but don't cuss and kick every morning either. Just another day at the office. Not challenging or rewarding but the pay is incredible so I'm sticking with it until I find my calling or can retire with the latter being the most likely option.

MarieB

I actually love my job. I got very lucky and it kind of fell into my lap. After being out of the workforce for 3 yrs and going batchit crazy at home, it feels amazing to go to work again. Financially I don't have to work, I do it because I really enjoy it. I think I was meant to be where I am because after looking for work locally and failing miserably, (which pissed me off to no end because I have awesome references and more skills than I know what to do with- I'm not bragging, those are facts), I got insanely lucky and found something that fits what I need to be happy.

I stay insanely busy and have more to do than I have hours in a day, which for me is great. I honestly do not like being idle at work. I enjoy the camaraderie of the people I work with and even with the minor frustrations that do crop up, it does not take away from my enjoyment.

My Boss is a trip and I like having her as a friend. But I do have to give her a chance to take her coat off before I bombard her with things in the morning. lmao!

:buddies:

A glad to hear that you've foind something and more imoortantly something you like. :buddies: It is tough around here

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
of an unsatisfying work environment...

is dulled routine. I see a number of you are not upset at your commute,...but just find it utterly draining. I look appalled at the fuel bill every month, and imagine what it would be like to have an extra $200+ in my pocket & not have to replace the car every 4 years.

I also realize there a few "minefields" that must not come up in conversation with my wife,...she has heard it before, and made it very clear she does not want to hear it again.

I bet this is just the tip of the iceberg.

What kind of commute do you have, to replace a vehicle every 4 years?

Hessian

What kind of commute do you have, to replace a vehicle every 4 years?

81.6 miles round trip...& deviate for groceries/dinner.

Loops to NY & Maine twice a year.

Only once in 28 years could we afford a NEW-off-the Lot car.

So, was obama's destruction of the used car market, closure of hundreds of dealers, bail-out/take over helpful to the middle class? Let history be the judge.