If You Recognize Any Of These 50 Pictures, I'm Sorry, You're Officially Old

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Still have and use a lot of those. Identified all 50.

2) my grandma's apartment in NYC had one of those.
3) Just threw out my Rival crock pot, in sad shape.
10) still have that model
17) different model, but have one
18) threw out that model a bunch of years ago, but have a different one now
29) remember those, and more so, Ring Dings. Not only remember them, but remember when that size was a "Junior", and the real Ring Ding was 4 inches around and cost 10 cents.
33) still use them.
36) have one, still use it
42) have one
47) have one
48) mostly in music class for drawing music on the blackboard
50) Pffft. I pumped gas at 18 for 29 cents/gal

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
A good friend of mine has a 50's style kitchen and has the same sink.

i was planning to have the sink reconditioned and keep it. The kitchen restoration was the last thing on the "list" of restoration tasks in that old 1860s home. Everything else was done.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
My grandma had a fin-tail Plymouth with the push buttons. She SO wanted one of us kids to have it,but it was in such bad shape my dad wouldn't take it.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
A good friend of mine has a 50's style kitchen and has the same sink.

I did a lot of Plumbing work 90 - 94 in DC, in what were known as ' 4 family flats ' they all had these sinks sitting on steel cabinets with a Sterling ledge back faucet .. about 93 the realestate companies started modernizing with those ' oak ' wood cabinets and Stainless Steel sinks

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Right off the bat...that sink and cabinet is identical to the one that was in my old house on Saint George's Island

Don't you ever get rid of it. I saw that pic got an olfactory memory of my great-grandmother's house.

Anyway, I know what all that stuff is and still have some of it. Who doesn't have a meat tenderizer and an electric skillet?

Grumpy

I did a lot of Plumbing work 90 - 94 in DC, in what were known as ' 4 family flats ' they all had these sinks sitting on steel cabinets with a Sterling ledge back faucet .. about 93 the realestate companies started modernizing with those ' oak ' wood cabinets and Stainless Steel sinks
The defense homes/townhouses in old Greenbelt were like that.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Don't you ever get rid of it. I saw that pic got an olfactory memory of my great-grandmother's house.

Anyway, I know what all that stuff is and still have some of it. Who doesn't have a meat tenderizer and an electric skillet?
Anyone post-Boomer who doesn't know how to cook?

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
When we cleaned out my Grandfathers house in 2001, he still had a 1940s Hotpoint fridge in the basement like this one. Still working.

6153848.jpg

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
50 for 50, and still have the kitchen tools and appliances shown.

The cash register is about 30 years newer than the one my grandparents had in their store.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My grandma had a very similar table and chairs in her house. I had an apt in college in the late 90s that had a sink just like that.
My mom had the yellow version of the table and the kitchen we had when we lived in my grandparents house until I was 7 had that sink.

rio

22 is the only one I don't know what it is. The rest I have seen, used, or still use. Some I wish I still had, like the sink from Gradmas' kitchens!