If you use Netflix read this

ylexot

Super Genius
I'm glad I switched to Blockbuster. They don't seem to do that to me. Sometimes they will even send my next movie before the receive one back (it gets scanned by USPS). Plus they have a new option of getting 1 in-store rental free each week. :yay:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I sent three movies back YESTERDAY, and got word my next three movies are already on the way.. Should be here tomorrow..

I have NO complaints about NETFLIX.. and have been using them for three year.. once BB and Amazon saw that THEY could make money off of the idea, they've tried to shoehorn in on the market. NetFLIX is still the LITTLE guy in the war, that and their service, I'll stick with NETFLIX..

Hawk

It Wasn't Me
Seems like there must be more to this story than whats being said, i also use NETFLIX and have no complaints, i send 3 back on a monday i have 3 more my thursday.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Hawk said:
Seems like there must be more to this story than whats being said, i also use NETFLIX and have no complaints, i send 3 back on a monday i have 3 more my thursday.

I have experienced stints of good service and then have some bad streaks, you all don't find it impossible to get a new release with out waiting with it staying at the top of your Q for serveral weeks?

I have the 3 plan and almost always have all 3 back in the mailbox to send back within 24 hrs.

L

ladylara

itsbob said:
I sent three movies back YESTERDAY, and got word my next three movies are already on the way.. Should be here tomorrow..

I have NO complaints about NETFLIX.. and have been using them for three year.. once BB and Amazon saw that THEY could make money off of the idea, they've tried to shoehorn in on the market. NetFLIX is still the LITTLE guy in the war, that and their service, I'll stick with NETFLIX..
i've been with them over a year. i bumped down to the lowest rate when we got the digi cable package with DVR. (it's comcastic, LOL!) i will say this - it's damn near impossible to get ahold of an actual human being when you have a question.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
AK-74me said:
I have experienced stints of good service and then have some bad streaks, you all don't find it impossible to get a new release with out waiting with it staying at the top of your Q for serveral weeks?

I have the 3 plan and almost always have all 3 back in the mailbox to send back within 24 hrs.
I'm just the opposite, I add the new release to my queue PRIOR to its release, and it comes to my door the DAY that it is releases..

OH and if you need 25 - 30 rental movies a month, think about renting a life!

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
I add the new releases to mine when they get released in the theaters so they are there way prior to getting released on disc.

"Need to rent a life" Hardy Har Har.

First of all of short of admitting to any illegal activities here, the reason I can turn them around so quick is because I don't exactly watch them when I get them in. I watch at a later date as many times as I want.

Second of all, half the movies are for my 9 month old.

And lastly, I work shift work, 12 hrs. and when I am on nights I'll watch atleast 3 movies during one shift. The good thing is Supervision is fine with this and in fact all my job entails during nights is basically just staying awake.

I haven't watch a movie on my free time in months.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Mailed three movies back on Thursday, got the three new ones on Saturday. I have NO complaints.

It's nice having a distribution center 2 hours away!

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
AK-74me said:
First of all of short of admitting to any illegal activities here, the reason I can turn them around so quick is because I don't exactly watch them when I get them in. I watch at a later date as many times as I want.
Then you shouldn't be complaining. You're abusing the system, and shouldn't have the same rights as people who use it correctly.

I used Netflix for months with no problems whatsoever. I once received a broken DVD, reported it, and my new DVD was there in no time. Between planning a wedding and then looking for a house, buying one and moving, we found we were keeping movies for more than a week, and weren't really getting our money's worth anymore, so we cancelled our service. If I found the time to start watching movies regularly again, I'd go back to them, however right now just renting one or two a month at the local video store is more economical.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
:lol: I get 4 or 5 a month from them, Don't think I'll make their heavy user list.

Hint: If you're renting 20 movies a month, you really ought to get aq life.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Nickel said:
Then you shouldn't be complaining. You're abusing the system, and shouldn't have the same rights as people who use it correctly.

Guess you never dupped a vhs movie huh?

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
AK-74me said:
No, can't say that I have. :shrug: But if I had, I wouldn't be complaining about unfair business practices against people abusing said business.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
AK-74me said:

Who cares if she had? You are complaining about Netflix being unethical. She isn't. That makes you the one in the glass house. :yay:

L

ladylara

AK-74me said:
I add the new releases to mine when they get released in the theaters so they are there way prior to getting released on disc.

Second of all, half the movies are for my 9 month old.
i rent for my 2 yr old too! it's a good way to see if she REALLY likes a movie before i invest my $20 in the DVD.

and we add new releases too! we're gonna watch the 40 yr old virgin tonight! with a 2 yr old - we don't get to the 'big time' movies much. plus... who has the cash to go anymore!?

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
FromTexas said:
Who cares if she had? You are complaining about Netflix being unethical. She isn't. That makes you the one in the glass house. :yay:

Hold up, I posted the story, but I never really complained, if I had that big of issue with them I drop em. I said I've often wondered why I have to wait so long for certain movies.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Nickel said:
No, can't say that I have. :shrug: But if I had, I wouldn't be complaining about unfair business practices against people abusing said business.

Again point out to me where I complained, all this article did was explain a few things.

You are the one that said "that sucks" I didn't even go that far.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Nickel said:

I'd guess that 90% of people who owned a VCR before DVDs got big dupped something off TV to VHS whether it was a sporting event or a movie that was being played on TV.

So in that respect I'd say you are a minority, that is all.