If your diabetic

SoMDGirl42

take care of yourself!! Check your blood sugar regularly!!! And eat right!!

#1 Son just came home and told me one of his co-workers passed away last night. I worked with this young man when I was on the same contract... I don't think Steve was even in his late 20's......... Damn crying shame.

And I speak from experience. I am type 2. I had to fast for some tests last week and had an experience I don't ever want to happen again. It still freaks me out when I think of what I went through (and scared the crap out of some friends in the process. :huggy: for them) for about 2 hours.

Take care of yourselves!!

well the one they are referring to who is 39 is kenny dements son Jody. He had a seizure at work the other day and 3hrs later was pronounced dead. that is the one I am referring to.
READ THE FIRST POST. The OP originally started this thread off referring to Steve. Other people thought Steve and Jody were the same people. I told everyone they were confusing the two deaths. I've repeated it several times. Steve died of complications from diabetes. Jody died from a seizure. Now please just let it go.

SoMDGirl42

Sucks to have your dead friends discussed on the internet, doesn't it?

It bothered me more that false information was being giving out, much like in the threads where your dead friend committed suicide and somd.com was blamed.

It sucks more that I don't have the power like your friends to delete posts with false information contained within them.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
It bothered me more that false information was being giving out, much like in the threads where your dead friend committed suicide and somd.com was blamed.

It sucks more that I don't have the power like your friends to delete posts with false information contained within them.

:ohwell:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
The report hubby received was that he died from an epileptic seizure. :shrug:

I suspect what he had was a diabetic seizure, not an epileptic seizure. You don't have to have epilepsy to have a seizure. There are many different things that cause seizures.

mAlice

professional daydreamer

I don't think false information was given. It seems that two different people have been confused with each other.

You seemed to have taken issue with my post as well. TFB.

SoMDGirl42

I suspect what he had was a diabetic seizure, not an epileptic seizure. You don't have to have epilepsy to have a seizure. There are many different things that cause seizures.
You are correct that diabetics can have a seizure and you don't have to have epilepsy to have a seizure. Diabetic seizures are typically caused when the blood glucose level is too low. This was not the case here, but your information regarding diabetic seizures is correct.
I don't think false information was given. It seems that two different people have been confused with each other.

You seemed to have taken issue with my post as well. TFB.

again you are correct, false information was probably not the best choice of words. Misinformation or confusion of information.

I was just trying to get the facts straight, but instead it looks as if I've become the target here. Sorry for trying to get the facts straight. Carry on :high5:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life

I understand that. I was told the guy that passed away had epilepsy (and had seizures throughout his life), therefore it was thought he had an epileptic seizure when he died.