Iggles @ Skins

BuddyLee

Football addict
Redskins defense is ranked #5 before the game.

They are the only defense in the entire league to not give up 25 points or more during the season.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Redskins defense is ranked #5 before the game.

They are the only defense in the entire league to not give up 25 points or more during the season.

...better than last years unit.

Imagine if they'd just get some help, just a few points to work with. 6-2 with a little help. 2-5 without much.

BuddyLee

Football addict
...better than last years unit.

Imagine if they'd just get some help, just a few points to work with. 6-2 with a little help. 2-5 without much.
We know how the Ravens feel.:ohwell:

Even a bit of offense helps immensely. We had that bit in the first 8 games and were 6-2.

BuddyLee

Football addict

Attachments

• ZornyHorton1.jpg
    ZornyHorton1.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 22
  • predator.jpg
    predator.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 23

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
They may want to rethink that prevent defense when up by only one score though. I was holding the littlest guy during Philly's last drive, I had to put him down with 1:30 to go, I was getting a little animated.:lmao:

Is it too early to start a draft wish list?

BuddyLee

Football addict
They may want to rethink that prevent defense when up by only one score though. I was holding the littlest guy during Philly's last drive, I had to put him down with 1:30 to go, I was getting a little animated.:lmao:

Is it too early to start a draft wish list?
Blache said they weren't playing prevent. They were playing spy on Westbrook the entire game. The two minute offense creates those little dump-offs, which go for 10 yards each time.

kom526

which go for 10 yards each time.

Which eventually can add up to a possible 7. :shrug:
Landry was laying the lumber today, hopefully he'll become as respected (feared?) as #21 was. I think it was one of his best games so far.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Landry was laying the lumber today, hopefully he'll become as respected (feared?) as #21 was. I think it was one of his best games so far.
That's the calculated risk you take. You're looking to burn clock and you're not worried about how many yards they gain.

Protect the deep ball and end zone and kill the clock.

J

JustinB

That's the calculated risk you take. You're looking to burn clock and you're not worried about how many yards they gain.

We did luck out when Jackson dropped the ball in the endzone

kom526

Which almost didn't work this time.

I'm not a big fan of a 3 man rush because eventually a receiver is going become uncovered and the you're either hanging your head or hoping the coin toss ends up in your favor. Besides, the way the D was playing for the 1st 57 or so minutes was working just fine, so why change? I'm sure that Sam Huff was in the booth screaming his head off about the defensive scheme being used at the end of the game.:killingme While Sonny was saying, "Now calm down Sam we're going to win this game and I'm going down to the locker room now.":killingme

Larry Gude

Strung Out

...Landry has had a lot of good games. This one sticks out because of the hits yet that is more a symptom of where McNabb chose to go with the ball than anything else. We don't hear much about Landry game after game because he does his primary job so well; deep cover. As far as I am concerned, he is a far better safety than Taylor because he doesn't make the never ending mistakes that Taylor made getting beat deep.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Which almost didn't work this time.

I'm not a big fan of a 3 man rush because eventually a receiver is going become uncovered and the you're either hanging your head or hoping the coin toss ends up in your favor. Besides, the way the D was playing for the 1st 57 or so minutes was working just fine, so why change? I'm sure that Sam Huff was in the booth screaming his head off about the defensive scheme being used at the end of the game.:killingme While Sonny was saying, "Now calm down Sam we're going to win this game and I'm going down to the locker room now.":killingme

...it's a simple argument; trade yards for time.

If you play your base defense, you risking someone getting beat deep, slipping, falling down, pass interference in tight coverage. In the prevent, you're playing zone, helping out over top and keeping everything in front of you. Jackson dropped passes in base both times; he was one on one with Hall. We got lucky. In prevent, Landry is there for both of those instead of trying to watch for a slant or something under.