Ikea stepped in it

Hijinx

So IKEA was going to give it's employees a party, paid for. All they had to do was show up and enjoy. Instead the usual permanently pissed off darker employees complained about the food.

If I were IKEA it would be a cold day in hell before I sponsored another party for the pukes.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
We'll probably find out that the dinner was catered and there was typical American picnic food served, which happens to include fried chicken, hot dogs and burgers, and a fresh fruit platter. As Hijinx said, someone who is permanently pissed off is going to find fault in everything. These SJWs are pushing the limits of stupidity, trying to show how "woke" they are.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Exactly. How did this get stereotyped to blacks.
The chicken is claimed to be rooted back to the days of slavery where chickens were the only livestock the slaves were allowed to own and that the not only enjoyed eating it sectioned and fried but that some even gained freedom by selling the fried pieces and buying their way out from under their master. The watermelon per an article in the Atlantic -
The trope came in full force when slaves won their emancipation during the Civil War. Free black people grew, ate, and sold watermelons, and in doing so made the fruit a symbol of their freedom. Southern whites, threatened by blacks’ newfound freedom, responded by making the fruit a symbol of black people’s perceived uncleanliness, laziness, childishness, and unwanted public presence.

herb749

So IKEA was going to give it's employees a party, paid for. All they had to do was show up and enjoy. Instead the usual permanently pissed off darker employees complained about the food.

If I were IKEA it would be a cold day in hell before I sponsored another party for the pukes.

What could have happened was they showed up, saw the food, got pissed off, but took it to go .

Hijinx

The chicken is claimed to be rooted back to the days of slavery where chickens were the only livestock the slaves were allowed to own and that the not only enjoyed eating it sectioned and fried but that some even gained freedom by selling the fried pieces and buying their way out from under their master. The watermelon per an article in the Atlantic -

I wonder who thought that up? About the watermelon I mean. First time I ever heard of it.

mitzi

Thanks