I'm looking for 2 things.

Paige_saiz_mehh

This is quite the odd combination, but I am looking for a new hair salon, and am also looking for a gynecologist for my 15 year old daughter. Assistance would be appreciated :D

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
easy.

Dr. Polsky for the gyno..he is wonderful. Gentle and very understanding. Great for someone who may be new/nervous. Also VERY up to date on research and medications/treatments/bc.

Hair it is in lexington park for the hair salon. wonderful redken salon...the girls there are fabulous, have lots of training and continued education and are just generally lovely to deal with. I have NEVER left with a bad haircut.

:buddies:

puggymom

This is quite the odd combination, but I am looking for a new hair salon, and am also looking for a gynecologist for my 15 year old daughter. Assistance would be appreciated :D

What area?
I use the Hair Company in Leonardtown and use Calvert OB/GYN in Prince Frederick.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

Attachments

• Hairy-Bush-115.jpg
    Hairy-Bush-115.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 137

drivingdaisy

I'd recommend Dr. Polsky (office located near Belks) for gyno. I started going to him when I was 16 and he was super understanding and explained anything and everything. I remember being so nervous about having to go, but after the first visit I never worried about my Gyno appointments again. For health reasons my grandmother had to go to a gyno after not having been to one in at least 20-30 years. Even she found him likable.

I'd recommend The Hair Company in Leonardtown for a salon.

ewashkow

Have you asked your daughter yet whether she would want a male or female gynecologist? My first exam when I was a teenager was by my mom's male gynecologist and I was rather uncomfortable with it. I personally use Dr Mahata but she is in various Calvert locations so I don't know if you would be willing to travel since you wanted the Hollywood area.

pelers

easy.

Dr. Polsky for the gyno..he is wonderful. Gentle and very understanding. Great for someone who may be new/nervous. Also VERY up to date on research and medications/treatments/bc.

Hair it is in lexington park for the hair salon. wonderful redken salon...the girls there are fabulous, have lots of training and continued education and are just generally lovely to deal with. I have NEVER left with a bad haircut.

:buddies:

I totally second LT's suggestions. Dr. Polsky is absolutely fantastic. He doesn't make you feel rushed, he explains everything he's doing and why. The nurses are also really good people.

I've been getting my hair done at Hair It Is for something around 4 years now. Always been happy with the cuts and colors. I always see Dina.

4ps

Dr. Mahata is wonderful!!! We have two children and she has always taken great care of me. She was so kind when I first went there when I was younger...has a daughter who is now married with a child.

puggymom

Dr. Polski and S-Kape Salon, (cindy)!!!! Awesome!

I had issues with S-kape. I have long thick hair. Yes, I am sorry I know it takes forever to color it and dry it. It sucks but please do not just stick me in a corner for 45+ minutes because you never seem to schedule enough time for my hair and now you have other clients waiting. The first time I can understand, but this happened 2 more times before I went over to the Hair Company.
They only did not have enough time, so to speak, for me once. I called in for one of their partial foil/blow dry cyber specials. It took longer than expected so the woman had another appointment come in. Except instead of sitting me in a corner she got an fellow employee to dry my hair. Because they did that they both each got a 20% tip based on the cost of services rendered.

drivingdaisy

I had issues with S-kape. I have long thick hair. Yes, I am sorry I know it takes forever to color it and dry it. It sucks but please do not just stick me in a corner for 45+ minutes because you never seem to schedule enough time for my hair and now you have other clients waiting. The first time I can understand, but this happened 2 more times before I went over to the Hair Company.
They only did not have enough time, so to speak, for me once. I called in for one of their partial foil/blow dry cyber specials. It took longer than expected so the woman had another appointment come in. Except instead of sitting me in a corner she got an fellow employee to dry my hair. Because they did that they both each got a 20% tip based on the cost of services rendered.

Some of my salons ask me to remind the person at the desk that I have a lot of hair so that they will schedule enough time for my needs.