I'm on a veggie kick

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This comes right after my fish stick and tater tot kick. :jet:

I went to Fresh Market yesterday and bought produce that can either be a salad or a pasta topper - mushrooms, carrots, broccoli, tomatoes, etc - and some lovely boneless chicken breasts that I coated with spicy mustard and grilled to juicy perfection. I also got their good thick cut bacon that's in the butcher case, and 2 containers of baby lettuce mix, plus apples and tangerines.

I find that if I buy nice (read: more expensive) veggies and fruit, I'm more likely to eat them rather than let them rot in the fridge while I order pizza. I'm not sure if it's because they look more appealing, or because I freak about wasting that money. Eating heirloom tomatoes seems like a luxurious treat, and so do tri-color baby carrots. Pretty apples taste better than gnarly ones.

I spent $60 and was like, WTH? I only came here for coffee, what the heck did I buy?? But upon taking stock and inventory, I have healthy meals and snacks for a whole week. So that's exciting!

Last night I made a wonderful salad for dinner, and today I stir fried the same veggies and tossed them with pasta for breakfast.

I'm feeling good about my choices and wanted to brag. :lol:

DaSDGuy

This comes right after my fish stick and tater tot kick. :jet:

I went to Fresh Market yesterday and bought produce that can either be a salad or a pasta topper - mushrooms, carrots, broccoli, tomatoes, etc - and some lovely boneless chicken breasts that I coated with spicy mustard and grilled to juicy perfection. I also got their good thick cut bacon that's in the butcher case, and 2 containers of baby lettuce mix, plus apples and tangerines.

I find that if I buy nice (read: more expensive) veggies and fruit, I'm more likely to eat them rather than let them rot in the fridge while I order pizza. I'm not sure if it's because they look more appealing, or because I freak about wasting that money. Eating heirloom tomatoes seems like a luxurious treat, and so do tri-color baby carrots. Pretty apples taste better than gnarly ones.

I spent $60 and was like, WTH? I only came here for coffee, what the heck did I buy?? But upon taking stock and inventory, I have healthy meals and snacks for a whole week. So that's exciting!

Last night I made a wonderful salad for dinner, and today I stir fried the same veggies and tossed them with pasta for breakfast.

I'm feeling good about my choices and wanted to brag. :lol:
If you have one of those juicy chicken breasts left over it can be cut into small cubes, heated, and put on top of your next salad.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If you have one of those juicy chicken breasts left over it can be cut into small cubes, heated, and put on top of your next salad.

:yay:

I sliced it and left it cold for the salad. It was amazing! Spicy mustard, IMO, is the perfect mate for grilled chicken.