I'm turning into my mother

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yeah but, the portions at most restaurants these days are way bigger than what a regular portion should be though, so that makes sense. (and they can save money that way!) Most restaurant steak portions are double and triple what one serving is (3oz). A slice of bread is one serving, so a half sandwich is really a whole serving. Heck, our servings at home are bigger than they need to be in order to be healthy.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/weight-loss/multimedia/portion-control/sls-20076148?s=1
OMG YOU are my mother!!! :jameo:

SamSpade

Last night Monello and I had dinner at Ruby Tuesday. I've gotten it into my head that I want a "neighborhood" place to eat and drink at, maybe become a regular or something. "NORM!" Not sure why I think that, but I'm sure it will pass.

Anyway, we both had ribs, of which we ate half and brought the other half home. Strike 1.

Over the years I've made adjustments so that this never happens. There's something wrong with my menu choices if I can never finish my meal.
At least, that's how I feel - if I want takeout, why not just order takeout? Why order a big meal you can't finish?

I recognize that if it's burger and fries, I'm NEVER going to finish the fries, so I ask them not to bring them. If it's a burger and a wrap is an option,
I do that, because it's mostly a lot of bread. If I'm having a salad - my entree will be small. Why load up on salad and bring half a steak home?

I skip appetizers - or I eat one as the meal and ask it be brought out with everyone else's.

As for the time, well, I'm guilty because I have kids that have an eight o'clock bedtime. But even when that wasn't the case, I still associate dinner
with the end of a workday, which is typically five-ish. And my doctor always told me it wasn't the best thing for my already overlarge stomach to eat
late if I'm going to bed soon afterward.

watercolor

yeah yeah
I guess I should stop giving my mom so much hell then. They are like this now, and in the 5:45 dinner rut. I am not there yet, but I guess one day could be. LOL! She also has a coupon for EVERYTHING. Literally, we go to check out- and she says hey wait, move over here (and takes 10-12 minutes sifting through coupons). Lordy.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I guess I should stop giving my mom so much hell then. They are like this now, and in the 5:45 dinner rut. I am not there yet, but I guess one day could be. LOL! She also has a coupon for EVERYTHING. Literally, we go to check out- and she says hey wait, move over here (and takes 10-12 minutes sifting through coupons). Lordy.

Hey there stranger! :howdy:

General Lee

I'm actually surprised you ate at Ruby Tuesday's. I've gave that place 3 chances and I am done with them. The last meal was horrible, and quite frankly IMO the place just down right sucks. Their salad bar is OK at best. I'm speaking of the one in California in case you're wondering.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm actually surprised you ate at Ruby Tuesday's. I've gave that place 3 chances and I am done with them. The last meal was horrible, and quite frankly IMO the place just down right sucks. Their salad bar is OK at best. I'm speaking of the one in California in case you're wondering.

I'm not overly impressed with their food, either - it was okay, though. I do love the salad bar, but I don't require a lot of different items.

SG_Player1974

Used to eat at the California location quite often about a decade ago. Sometime around then, there was a major shake-up with the employees and it was never really good after that. Then, they went with a whole new image and it just made it worse IMHO.

lovinmaryland

I'm not overly impressed with their food, either - it was okay, though. I do love the salad bar, but I don't require a lot of different items.

Their salad bar is great! Especially for a to go lunch. Most places want to charge salad bar by the lb. but RT doesnt.

lovinmaryland

I was out last night at Leprechaun Lilly's last night and I thought of this thread.

I felt like my mother :lol: Everyone was shopping w/ all their little kids some running in and out of the racks, bringing toys over begging for mom to buy them, throwing temper tantrums, :blahblah: and I just started tensing up and getting irritated! I thought can't you people go anywhere w/ out your damn kids! Get a baby sitter already! :drama:

Forgetting not to long ago I was one of "those" people :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I am madly in love with being a grandmother. My grandkids are so much nicer than their parents were.