Ima go kill a white boy

BlueBird

No, I don't think so. I missed it but, it was in context of making a point.

FF has not, that I've seen, made any posts that would indicate a racist. In fact, just the opposite. Which is why I called him an ass. It was so out of context. Then, it was pointed out to me I missed the point.

Which made me feel better.

:buddies:

I get that Larry. Even to make a point I don't agree with his choice of words. I don't agree with any racist remarks on either side of the fence.

bcp

In My Opinion
I wasn't given the business. If you'd like to see what work is, I'd be happy to show you. It's slow now because it's seasonal. If you'd like to see how tough it is to keep a business going, at least for me, these days, I've lost a house and took home $9k last year plus my savings.

In 1922, Adolph and William went their separate ways – Adolph to Rockville to specialize in landscape and hardier nursery stock, whereas William stayed in D.C. to continue the family greenhouse and retail flower operations. During the Great Depression, William’s son, Granville Gude, took over the business. He handed it down to his son, William F. Gude II, in 1977. Today his son, larry Gude, operates Gude Brothers® in Middletown, Maryland.

From the history of page.
you should get it changed to properly reflect the fact that you started your business from scratch.

If it bothers you that I posted a section from the history of page, let me know and I will remove it immediately

BlueBird

Excellent post,
now go after the people using cracker and other racial slurs.
Anything less and your post is totally without value.

Folks using kracka (not cracker) referring to white folks are just as racist. Just so you know it is kracka or cracka and it's used against white people by ignorant racist black people to describe the sound the whip made prior to striking the back of a slave. I have never referred to a white man as a kracka here or anywhere.

The black people with the lynch mob mentality are ignorant and yes racist. Intelligent folks (black or white or any other color) need to rise above and not stoop down to their level by using words like chimpies and darkies.

bcp

In My Opinion
Folks using kracka (not cracker) referring to white folks are just as racist. Just so you know it is kracka or cracka and it's used against white people by ignorant racist black people to describe the sound the whip made prior to striking the back of a slave. I have never referred to a white man as a kracka here or anywhere.

The black people with the lynch mob mentality are ignorant and yes racist. Intelligent folks (black or white or any other color) need to rise above and not stoop down to their level by using words like chimpies and darkies.

I understand the meaning behind it.

but lets look at that. the meaning is in actual reference to a not so good part of the white mans history.

the word N igger, was not originally derogatory, it was a take off from their color, The word itself was considered racist and dropped because of its ties to slavery. Then, negro was the PC term, then Black, now African American.

I suppose that the next step will be just plain American, since that is really what they are. As long as the blacks, in general as a group insist on adding race into the name, race will stay their defining point of reference.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
From the history of page.
you should get it changed to properly reflect the fact that you started your business from scratch.

If it bothers you that I posted a section from the history of page, let me know and I will remove it immediately

No, not at all. Thanks for the plug. Now, you can show me where it says I was given the business.

:popcorn:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I get that Larry. Even to make a point I don't agree with his choice of words. I don't agree with any racist remarks on either side of the fence.

See, I disagree. It's absurd this fear of words we have. Context is everything.

"Today, in world critical super important news, Paula Dean said a bad word, the dread 'N' word 30 years ago. In other news, 4 US troopers were blown to little tiny bits by an IED near Kandahar..."

vs.

"Paula Dean says that when she was a kid, everyone called black people 'n1ggers' and it was no big deal. Today, as an adult, I can see how harmful that was to an entire group of people, that it was insulting and derogatory. Now, I may find it absurd that the word is used all the time in pop culture but, as a white Southerner where we used to own and fought to continue to own other human beings, I stopped referring to blacks that way a LONG time ago. We were wrong."

BlueBird

but lets look at that. the meaning is in actual reference to a not so good part of the white mans history.

the word N igger, was not originally derogatory, it was a take off from their color, The word itself was considered racist and dropped because of its ties to slavery. Then, negro was the PC term, then Black, now African American.

I suppose that the next step will be just plain American, since that is really what they are. As long as the blacks, in general as a group insist on adding race into the name, race will stay their defining point of reference.

Actually African American is a bullsh!t way to describe black people, especially when used by us. I am an American who just so happens to be black. My family did not come here from Africa. If we are an American and if we are citizens then we are Americans. I like to be referred to as an American and I'm okay with being called a black guy, it's what I am, just like you would be okay with being called a white guy.

There's a huge difference between calling a human being of a certain color a chimp and a name in reference to their color. It implies that the said person of that color is below the person making the statement on the evolutionary scale. You can like his posts all you want and argue with me all you want but it doesn't change what it is. It doesn't matter if it was said to troll, make a point or for any other reason. If I ever refer to a white a person as an animal below me on the evolutionary scale you can call me on it and I'll be man enough to apologize for being offensive.

bcp

In My Opinion
No, not at all. Thanks for the plug. Now, you can show me where it says I was given the business.

:popcorn:

See, it did not mention in there that you started from scratch, no customer list, no original greenhouse, no product, no suppliers, no business credit built up.

these are all some pretty big things. I mean, its one thing to take over the family business and have orders already on the books, its a totally different thing to walk into a new business and have to build those clients.

bcp

In My Opinion
Actually African American is a bullsh!t way to describe black people, especially when used by us. I am an American who just so happens to be black. My family did not come here from Africa. If we are an American and if we are citizens then we are Americans. I like to be referred to as an American and I'm okay with being called a black guy, it's what I am, just like you would be okay with being called a white guy.

There's a huge difference between calling a human being of a certain color a chimp and a name in reference to their color. It implies that the said person of that color is below the person making the statement on the evolutionary scale. You can like his posts all you want and argue with me all you want but it doesn't change what it is. It doesn't matter if it was said to troll, make a point or for any other reason. If I ever refer to a white a person as an animal below me on the evolutionary scale you can call me on it and I'll be man enough to apologize for being offensive.

you make an excellent point.
to you it seems that being called African American is offensive.
however, if you go through a government PC training, you will see that it is the proper reference.
Now, as I said, until all the race related names are dropped, racism can never end. EVER.
And this goes for affirmative action too. That is a government program that screams racism. The blacks, african Americans, whatever, are basically below others when it comes to the ability to perform, so we must force people to hire them and give them a larger learning curve.. You dont find this offensive?

I could refer to you as a African American and piss you off, however, I am totally correct when it comes to being PC when I say it.

As far as your claim that you find it offensive for others to call whites crackers, a couple points.
you did try to explain the meaning of the word in a way that causes some to think you were marginalizing it.
You never jumped up and called anyone on it, or did you mention you found it equally offensive until it was pointed out that you had failed to do so.

The reality is that no matter how you refer to someone, if that name you use places them in a group based on race, someone is going to find it offensive.

RPMDAD

bcp, just one correction to this IMHO.
" I suppose that the next step will be just plain American, since that is really what we all are. As long as the blacks, in general as a group insist on adding race into the name, race will stay their defining point of reference."

Whether we are white, black, yellow, brown, blue, or purple, we all should be just Americans. That is all continue on.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
See, it did not mention in there that you started from scratch, no customer list, no original greenhouse, no product, no suppliers, no business credit built up.

these are all some pretty big things. I mean, its one thing to take over the family business and have orders already on the books, its a totally different thing to walk into a new business and have to build those clients.

Yeah, it is very different. Just like it is very different being given something and buying it.

You meant it as a knock and that's fine. I give you crap, I am certainly willing to take return fire. That said, I'm proud of keeping this things going and there is no doubt being fourth generation I was 'given' a lot in terms of the opportunity including but not limited to debt, the burdens of legacy as well as the responsibility to try and figure out how to keep this thing going. One thing I have lacked is the fire and drive most people have when it is their baby, when they are the ones that started it. I ain't crying the blues, just pointing the facts out.

Including that I bought the business. Well, me and the bank.

bcp

In My Opinion
bcp, just one correction to this IMHO.
" I suppose that the next step will be just plain American, since that is really what we all are. As long as the blacks, in general as a group insist on adding race into the name, race will stay their defining point of reference."

Whether we are white, black, yellow, brown, blue, or purple, we all should be just Americans. That is all continue on.

This is true, providing they came here in a legal way.

Technically, the illegals are American too since America is the continent and not the country,

bcp

In My Opinion
Yeah, it is very different. Just like it is very different being given something and buying it.

You meant it as a knock and that's fine. I give you crap, I am certainly willing to take return fire. That said, I'm proud of keeping this things going and there is no doubt being fourth generation I was 'given' a lot in terms of the opportunity including but not limited to debt, the burdens of legacy as well as the responsibility to try and figure out how to keep this thing going. One thing I have lacked is the fire and drive most people have when it is their baby, when they are the ones that started it. I ain't crying the blues, just pointing the facts out.

Including that I bought the business. Well, me and the bank.

My assumption was that you did come up with some form of buyout.
however, as I mentioned, Im sure that you paid much less for the business that lets say, I as a non family outsider would have.
and as I also said, you had a turn key business that you walked into with the same family name that made it a viable and credible business in the first place.

The business I had on the other hand, I started with nothing, used a refi on my house to buy the bobcat, the equipment, the vans, and to pay labor until it got off the ground.
A new name in the industry with no proven record.
two different critters by any standard.

BlueBird

you make an excellent point.
to you it seems that being called African American is offensive.
however, if you go through a government PC training, you will see that it is the proper reference.
Now, as I said, until all the race related names are dropped, racism can never end. EVER.
And this goes for affirmative action too. That is a government program that screams racism. The blacks, african Americans, whatever, are basically below others when it comes to the ability to perform, so we must force people to hire them and give them a larger learning curve.. You dont find this offensive?

I could refer to you as a African American and piss you off, however, I am totally correct when it comes to being PC when I say it.

As far as your claim that you find it offensive for others to call whites crackers, a couple points.
you did try to explain the meaning of the word in a way that causes some to think you were marginalizing it.
You never jumped up and called anyone on it, or did you mention you found it equally offensive until it was pointed out that you had failed to do so.

The reality is that no matter how you refer to someone, if that name you use places them in a group based on race, someone is going to find it offensive.

It's funny you mention the Government PC training course because I have attended the Navy's CMEO course and acted in the capacity of a CMEO prior to retiring. I would never be offended by being called African American because I am educated enough to know that is what people have been taught and that they intend to NOT be racist when using it. They teach now that black is an acceptable term just so you know. African American excludes black people from the islands so calling a black person from lets say Jamaica an African American would be disrespectful and ignorant because it implies that you know that persons heritage.

For the record I am and have always been opposed to affirmative action and any other program that gives any race an unfair advantage for employment over the most qualified person. ALL people should be hired based on their experience and personal merit, so we can agree all day long on that. If a person lives in America and is a citizen then they are to be referred to as an American plain and simple. Now to pick out a person who just snatched an old ladies purse one may need to to describe that person as being either Asian, Hispanic, Black, White, Arabic etc.... For as long as we have diversity in the world there's no getting around this.

Last edited:

BlueBird

This is true, providing they came here in a legal way.

Technically, the illegals are American too since America is the continent and not the country,

True but they are not American Citizens. They are just illegal immigrants living in the United States of America.

bcp

In My Opinion
Now to pick out a person who just snatched an old ladies purse one may need to to describe that person as being either Asian, Hispanic, Black, White, Arabic etc.... For as long as we have diversity in the world there's no getting around this.

Based on everything else you posted, I really am having a hard time understanding why we argue any of this.
as far as the quoted part above.
I don't know how old you are, however in the 70s it was a big thing for the papers to stop mentioning race when a violent crime or bank robbery etc... was reported on, seems that the blacks at the time thought it was racist because 99% of the stories had a black male as the perp.
Of course the way they got around it was not to mention the race when it was a black, but they were sure to mention if it was a white, so when you read the crime report, if there was no mention of the race, you knew it was a black.
Are you old enough to remember this?

BlueBird

See, I disagree. It's absurd this fear of words we have. Context is everything.

"Today, in world critical super important news, Paula Dean said a bad word, the dread 'N' word 30 years ago. In other news, 4 US troopers were blown to little tiny bits by an IED near Kandahar..."

vs.

"Paula Dean says that when she was a kid, everyone called black people 'n1ggers' and it was no big deal. Today, as an adult, I can see how harmful that was to an entire group of people, that it was insulting and derogatory. Now, I may find it absurd that the word is used all the time in pop culture but, as a white Southerner where we used to own and fought to continue to own other human beings, I stopped referring to blacks that way a LONG time ago. We were wrong."

You can disagree all you want. If you were black and someone used the words chimpie or darkie to describe you, joking, trolling,delivering a point etc you would be extremely offended. A good man, a genuine man, a person of character and integrity would come back and say something to the effect: This is the context it was used in and I apologize if it was offensive to you. make comment like chimpie or darky in any context in just about any workplace will get you fired real fast. Like I've said, if I made an offensive racist remark (in any context) I would apologize immediately because that's just what good men do. Defending it and making excuses is weak, lame and just plain cowardly.

BlueBird

Based on everything else you posted, I really am having a hard time understanding why we argue any of this.
as far as the quoted part above.
I don't know how old you are, however in the 70s it was a big thing for the papers to stop mentioning race when a violent crime or bank robbery etc... was reported on, seems that the blacks at the time thought it was racist because 99% of the stories had a black male as the perp.
Of course the way they got around it was not to mention the race when it was a black, but they were sure to mention if it was a white, so when you read the crime report, if there was no mention of the race, you knew it was a black.
Are you old enough to remember this?

I'm not arguing anything. I don't need to because rational, decent people of any color skin know that it's wrong to refer to a race as chimps or darky in any context.

bcp

In My Opinion
I'm not arguing anything. I don't need to because rational, decent people of any color skin know that it's wrong to refer to a race as chimps or darky in any context.

and yet the majority of those same people see nothing wrong with resorting to the same type of name calling when it comes to whites.

certainly you can see where someone might just be prompted to bring this up in a most volatile way.

BlueBird

and yet the majority of those same people see nothing wrong with resorting to the same type of name calling when it comes to whites.

certainly you can see where someone might just be prompted to bring this up in a most volatile way.

Yes and the person who brings this up in the most volatile way just stooped to their level and is just as wrong. If I am racist towards any non-black folks here feel free to call me on it anytime you want just like I called Freedom on calling black people chimps and darky. I'll be man enough to apologize for being for offensive.