In Heaven or in the soup?

seekeroftruth

Revelation 20:7 When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison 8 and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—and to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. 9 They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God’s people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them. 10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.
Of course, there is a lot of clarification in the commentary that I do not post here.

Gather them together to battle: Who will these rebels be? They will be those who survive the Great Tribulation, enter into the Millennial Kingdom, and their descendants. “Infants born during the millennium will live to its conclusion and will not be required to make a choice between the devil and Christ until the end.” (Walvoord)
Gog and Magog: These are prophetic enemies of Israel in Ezekiel 38-39, but the battle described in those chapters of Ezekiel seems to be distinct and different from this final battle.
Fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them: We shouldn’t even call this a final battle, because there is no battle. The fight is over before it begins. At this point, God finally deals with the devil and his followers forever.
The earth and the heaven fled away: Earth and heaven flee from this throne, but there was found no place for them. There is absolutely no hiding from this throne. No one can escape the judgment that it represents.
Standing before God: This is not a trial, trying to determine what the facts are. The facts are in; here is the sentencing of someone already condemned. “Their standing posture means that they are now about to be sentenced.” (Walvoord)​
And the dead were judged according to their works: If people are not listed in the Book of Life, then each one is judged according to his works. Those who refuse to come to God by faith will, by default, be judged (and condemned) by their works.​
Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire: The last echoes of sin are now eliminated. Death is the result of sin, and it is gone. Hades is the result of death, and it is gone. The last vestiges of sin’s unlawful domination are done away with.​
This is the second death: “As there is a second and higher life, so there is also a second and deeper death. And as after that life there is no more death, so after that death there is no more life.” (Alford)​
Since I am a basic old woman with just an online Bible and some online commentary... I really don't have a full understanding of what is in these paragraphs.

In spite of that, I have read the verses, highlighted them like I used to do in school when studying for a test, and then I read the commentary on them. I would suggest you follow along with the full commentary I read.

There are two happenings here. The first happening is the attack on Israel by Gog and Magog. I heard somewhere or read somewhere that Gog and Magog were Russia and China. It could be Iraq and Iran for all I really know. At any rate, those powerful nations would lead an attack on Israel... they would surround Jerusalem. That's when God gets involved. Fire will come from Heaven and wipe out the enemy troops [whoever they are] surrounding the Holy Lands.

The second happening will be the judgement of those whose name doesn't appear in the Book of Life.

All the "Bad Actors" who have been plaguing society since the beginning of Revelation will be thrown into the pit for "forever". If you don't know how to get along... love one another.... you will go to Hell. Can't say Hades... Death and Hades will be in the stew of fire in Hell too.

Remember how I've been saying God knows what you have done and, since He can see the future, He knows what you will do too. God knows if you Believe. God has the names of all the Believers written in a Book of Life. If your name appears there... you get Heaven.

There's another book... In that book are the names of all the humans who didn't have a chance to choose. Yep... there are countries that do not tolerate Christianity, let alone Judaism. Those people wouldn't know... and they will be judged on their actions.

The humans who are judged and found "innocent" [due to circumstances] will get eternal life. Those who are judged and found guilty will spend the rest of eternity in the soup of fire.

No... I don't know how those who had their names written in the Book of Life will feel about learning their loved ones are in the soup of fire. I'll have to find out.

So, after the 1,000 years of Jesus' rule.... Every human will be judged. If your name is written in the Book of Life... you have an invitation to Heaven. If your name is in the other book... you get one more chance to show your good deeds outweighed your bad deeds.

Every human either gets to Heaven or the soup.

Where will you land?

In Heaven or in the soup?

:coffee: