In Search of Trainer!

BrassieChic

I'm posting this for a friend who doesn't have access. He is in search of a Horse Trainer to break his 2 year old. Anyone have any suggestions?

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
BrassieChic said:
Don't know WHO that is or anyone here for that matter. So are you being serious or not? Just need a referral.

There are a couple people locally. Does your friend just want someone to do the ground work and bring them under saddle? Or do they want someone for a specific discipline, ie. english, western, hunter jumper, dressage etc...?

BrassieChic

SouthernMdRocks said:
There are a couple people locally. Does your friend just want someone to do the ground work and bring them under saddle? Or do they want someone for a specific discipline, ie. english, western, hunter jumper, dressage etc...?

Nothing specific just basic and start under saddle. Who do you know locally and does the horse have to go stay at their barn for 30 days or so?

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
BrassieChic said:
Nothing specific just basic and start under saddle. Who do you know locally and does the horse have to go stay at their barn for 30 days or so?

There are a couple that will go to their barn and others that have the horses go to them. Depending on how willing the horse is will depend on the time. I'll get back to you with some names and numbers. The person I'm using now, the jury is still out on :whistle: . I will PM you with some more information.

BrassieChic

SouthernMdRocks said:
There are a couple that will go to their barn and others that have the horses go to them. Depending on how willing the horse is will depend on the time. I'll get back to you with some names and numbers. The person I'm using now, the jury is still out on :whistle: . I will PM you with some more information.

Thanks alot! He wants to make sure the "right" person starts his horse!

Last edited:

BrassieChic

He talked to some guy who charges $1,800.00 for a 30 day period! I know in VA I've never even heard of that amount charged! Sounds a wee bit high!

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
BrassieChic said:
He talked to some guy who charges $1,800.00 for a 30 day period! I know in VA I've never even heard of that amount charged! Sounds a wee bit high!

He must have spoke with Dubon sp? He's a little crazy with his prices.

Sparks

Ray Wheeler in Anne Arundel County. Across the street from Chaney's Promise, can't remember what that area is called. Lothian maybe?

BrassieChic

Sparks said:
Ray Wheeler in Anne Arundel County. Across the street from Chaney's Promise, can't remember what that area is called. Lothian maybe?

Didn't know if he still did it or not. I think he's with Red Rebel Stables....or something like that.

Sparks

BrassieChic said:
Didn't know if he still did it or not. I think he's with Red Rebel Stables....or something like that.

Ray just broke a friend's horse this summer and may actually still have him. Far as I know, he still does.

BrassieChic

Sparks said:
Ray just broke a friend's horse this summer and may actually still have him. Far as I know, he still does.

That's cool, I used him years ago and was very impressed. I hope I can find a number for him. I know my friend was actually hoping to find someone good locally so he can keep up on progress, etc.

I

IcePrincess

I hope he finds a good trainer Brassie. If you don't hook up with Ray, send me a pm...I have a friend in the "horse world" that might be able to hook your friend up :yay:

BrassieChic

Busterduck said:
He must have spoke with Dubon sp? He's a little crazy with his prices.

That's him....Manny Dubon and his brother Miguel. He guarantees the horse will be 100% broke and if trained western will be neck reining....with no problems! Not sure about all that....just 30 days and the horse is DONE? HMMMM????

I

IcePrincess

BrassieChic said:
That's him....Manny Dubon and his brother Miguel. He guarantees the horse will be 100% broke and if trained western will be neck reining....with no problems! Not sure about all that....just 30 days and the horse is DONE? HMMMM????

I'm not much in to horses, but me thinks 30 days just isn't enough to train a horse. Hopefully your friend is ready and willing to continue that training after the 30 day period :yay:

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
BrassieChic said:

It certainly can be done. I have had one w/t/c back and stop on a dime in five days. Depends on the horse.