In the keys

anyone do this?

Attachments

• tarpon.jpg
    tarpon.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 147

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
If you're throwing bread in the water to attract the fish and then dropping in an M-80, I've done that.

...would save a few bucks...

When we came up from our last dive the group of students that was out on their qualifying dive was on board already. I noticed a lot of fish hanging around the stern of the boat as we rose. When we surfaced I found out why.
We came up through someones breakfast! I'm glad the fish got most of it.
:lmao: Next time I'll surface further back and make sure the coast is clear.

When we came up from our last dive the group of students that was out on their qualifying dive was on board already. I noticed a lot of fish hanging around the stern of the boat as we rose. When we surfaced I found out why.
We came up through someones breakfast! I'm glad the fish got most of it.
:lmao: Next time I'll surface further back and make sure the coast is clear.

:lmao:

We used to charter boats off of Long Island to take us out to ship wrecks. There are some really good wrecks to dive on up there. Unfortunately, I'm prone to being seasick once the anchor gets thrown. My dive "buddies" (and I use that term loosely) were unmerciful. I'd already be green, so they start in with the "What you got for lunch" routine. "I got leftover cold pizza". "I got a pastrami sammich." "I got split pea soup, ya know, the kind with the big green chunks in it...."

Over the stern rail.....

Nanny Pam

We did it! :clap: It was at some campground. I forget which key it was but we had more fun feeding those Tarpon. :lmao:

We did it! :clap: It was at some campground. I forget which key it was but we had more fun feeding those Tarpon. :lmao:

I think a lot of the Marina owners are doing this now. It's a hoot to watch those big guys go after the bait. I bet the fishermen don't like the fact that all the Tarpon are hanging out at the dock and eating all they want.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
I think a lot of the Marina owners are doing this now. It's a hoot to watch those big guys go after the bait. I bet the fishermen don't like the fact that all the Tarpon are hanging out at the dock and eating all they want.

My son an I were cleaning fish on our dock in the Keys and tarpon were eating the scraps. He asked if he could try and catch one. I gave him a 12lb spinning outfit and he hooked a tarpon for about 3 seconds. As he leaped over our neighbors boat lift. It was a hoot.

My son an I were cleaning fish on our dock in the Keys and tarpon were eating the scraps. He asked if he could try and catch one. I gave him a 12lb spinning outfit and he hooked a tarpon for about 3 seconds. As he leaped over our neighbors boat lift. It was a hoot.

Cool!