Increase Risk of Multiple Sclerosis

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
"ScienceDaily (Apr. 18, 2011) — New research suggests that people who are exposed to low levels of sunlight coupled with a history of having a common virus known as mononucleosis may be at greater odds of developing multiple sclerosis (MS) than those without the virus. The research is published in the April 19, 2011, print issue of Neurology®, the medical journal of the American Academy of Neurology."

Common virus plus low sunlight exposure may increase risk of multiple sclerosis

ginwoman

"ScienceDaily (Apr. 18, 2011) — New research suggests that people who are exposed to low levels of sunlight coupled with a history of having a common virus known as mononucleosis may be at greater odds of developing multiple sclerosis (MS) than those without the virus. The research is published in the April 19, 2011, print issue of Neurology®, the medical journal of the American Academy of Neurology."

Well I got a lot of sunlight as a child, and I had mono.....and MS. I think there have been comparisons of this before.

PrepH4U

Take your vitamin D.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Take your vitamin D.

I think Vit. D deficiency is common - I hear lots of people tell me their blood work showed they were low. I was also told to take a D supplement and I spend lots of time outside in the sun. Maybe the body can't turn the sunlight into sufficient quantities of Vit. D for some people?

PrepH4U

I think Vit. D deficiency is common - I hear lots of people tell me their blood work showed they were low. I was also told to take a D supplement and I spend lots of time outside in the sun. Maybe the body can't turn the sunlight into sufficient quantities of Vit. D for some people?

It's very common. If you are deficient it takes a while to get back up to normal levels. If you put on sun block the sunlight is not going to help you much.

atrusomder

Isaiah 55:8-9
I am in the processing of being "ruled out" for everything else so they can say I have it... I have two or more symptoms out of each catagory that the NIH gives for it yet my doctors want to keep rackin' the $ and "Rule Out" everything else first.
:cds:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I am in the processing of being "ruled out" for everything else so they can say I have it... I have two or more symptoms out of each catagory that the NIH gives for it yet my doctors want to keep rackin' the $ and "Rule Out" everything else first.
:cds:

I refused to let them do the spinal fluid analysis - I didn't want any needles in my spine after the failed epidural I was given when I delivered. I said what difference does it make if I have MS? I told the Dr - You can't cure it, so it doesn't matter to me if I have all the tests or not. All tests they did on me said I have MS, but fortunately I am doing very well, and am only minimally affected, and I hope it stays that way.