India announces tariffs on US goods

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

The US withdrew preferential trade status with India and no longer exempts them from high taxes on steel and aluminum so they slapped tariffs on 28 US products. Apples and almonds are as high as 70%.
Looks like those Indians will be going without apples and almonds then. More apple sauce, apple butter, apple juice, etc., for us. Maybe Almond Joy's will be a bit cheaper now? More almonds could be added to cereals. More almond milk can be made too. Hell, it's a win for everyone. Whatever else stays here will be re-purposed or sold at a lower cost to other Nations. No big deal.

This_person

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I hear they cut their beef imports from the united states too!

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

India is the largest buyer of US almonds and second largest buyer of US apples. Maybe we'll bail those farmers out too.
You mean like farmers that currently get subsidies from the government? Don't think they'll be hurting. Maybe now they'll be putting more apple in those apple fritters? Huh? Maybe the excess apples will be made into apple brandy, or hard cider, or applejack? Think of all the apple pies moms across America can make now. Even Sara Lee could be making more apple pies, with more apple in the pies! The possibilities are endless. Same for almonds. You are becoming such a Debbie downer, Chris. You should be jumping for joy here. Especially, and this is the kicker, since we do not have to import apples for our own use, and, since the apple is a food item, it even avoids the sales tax. More and more people could be avoiding the doctor by being able to have an apple a day much cheaper. The winning never ends, does it Chris?

But I am a bit confused, Chris. You say India, "slapped tariffs on 28 US products". Don't you mean to say that India has raised taxes on the backs of the poor and middle class of India? That Indian jobs will suffer as a result of all these tariffs? Please do clarify. Really want to be on the same page and all. Ya know what I mean?

Reactions: BOP