Individual Ready Reserve

Bogart

I saw a story on the news last night. This guy who left the military like 15 years ago signed up for the ready reserve. Apparently this pays like $7K a year and you have to do nothing. So now they are calling him up to go to Afghanistan and he is in a panic, even though he has been cashing the check every year for 15 years. I must wonder what the state of our military is at this time if we are being forced to recall guys like this?
:confused:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Turd Ferguson said:
I must wonder what the state of our military is at this time if we are being forced to recall guys like this?
They need support staff. This RR guy won't be combat or anything that requires training - he'll be helping with construction, utilities, supply clerk, driver, that sort of grunt work thing. They're moving trained current troops into positions of more responsibility and calling in the second and third stringers to take their place peeling potatoes.

And since the reservists have been getting all this money for nothing, now's the time we get paid back.

SuperGrover

jack of all trades
Turd Ferguson said:
I saw a story on the news last night. This guy who left the military like 15 years ago signed up for the ready reserve. Apparently this pays like $7K a year and you have to do nothing. So now they are calling him up to go to Afghanistan and he is in a panic, even though he has been cashing the check every year for 15 years. I must wonder what the state of our military is at this time if we are being forced to recall guys like this?

about time he really earns the bucks... it's better than the draft :) as an IRR person has had some time in the military

BTW, the "work" while in IRR consists of doing bookwork such as rating manuals and such.

There was an article in the Baltimore Sun about a guy from Columbia (MD) that was offered 3 choices after 15 years in the army. #1 switch to a combat position #2 leave army w/ no monthly check and no further obligation, or #3 9G a year w/ 20 year IRR obligation. He's took #3 and is now crying hardship after collecting the $$$ for over 10 years and being called up for duty in 'Stan. I say ship his azz to 'Stan and put him on manual latrine cleaning duty or let him stay here, but jail him for 10+ years of fraud & make him pay the money back. :tantrum

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
He signed an agreement (contract) to be in the IRR and now he's griping because they are actually going to use him. Imagine that. :loser:

Christy

b*tch rocket
Turd Ferguson said:

What a tool! Send him packing to Afghaneeeestan. :twitch: