Inground Swimming Pool

javgag

I am looking for recommendations (and who to stay away from) for having an inground swimming pool installed in Calvert County.

All the other threads on swimming pools are pretty old....

Thanks!

nomoney

I am looking for recommendations (and who to stay away from) for having an inground swimming pool installed in Calvert County.

Thanks!

Do you know what kind of inground pool? (liner, fiberglass, concrete)

Hank

my war

Thanks!

3 that I know of in Calvert... All three have received mixed reviews on here.

Scott's
Stevenson
Merrilatt

baxter

Go with the poolcompany!

[GO WITH THE POOL COMPANY!!! I had an inground pool installed two years ago by the pool company and have had NO issues. I interviewed all the other companies, Stevenson was very pushy, the others were so so. The owner of the pool company actually excavates and installs your pool. When they say they will be there at 7AM, they are there at 7AM,,,no BS! You have be warned! Come by and look at mine if you desire,,,Leonardtown

javgag

We would like a concrete pool (too many dogs and kids).

Thanks for the recommendation, Baxter. I will send them a message.

bulldog

We would like a concrete pool (too many dogs and kids).

Thanks for the recommendation, Baxter. I will send them a message.

The pool company did ours too and we highly recommend them. They only do liner pools though. No concrete.

I know that Steve (owner of the pool company) said his dog goes in his poll with no problem to the liner. We have had dogs in ours too and not had an issue.

From what I have read and been told, concrete pools are about 10% more expensive and are a pain in the arse.

Good luck in your search.

RPMDAD

One thing I found out recently is that if you have an automatic cover that will keep people safe, you dont need a fence.

Introduction to Automatic Pool Covers - YouTube

Also, price out a saltwater system vice a chlorine system. Even with a higher upfront cost, the maint and supplies cost should be lower.

Absolutely true glh, a buddy of mine converted his chlorine pool over to a saltwater system 3 or 4 years ago, says he saves a bunch of money in the cost of chlorine and chemicals.