Instant Pot stuff

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Just did a rack of Baby Backs Sunday......... boy makes jasmine rice a lot, I'm doing more poached eggs in the am.

Monello made Indian Butter Chicken the other day, and I do HBEs regularly. I did ribs a few weeks ago, then charred them on the grill - OMG!

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
So, I'm interested in one. What brands, sizes, etc does everyone use? I'd mainly be interested in using it for main dishes or things that would normally take a long time.

glhs837

Power with Control
So, I'm interested in one. What brands, sizes, etc does everyone use? I'd mainly be interested in using it for main dishes or things that would normally take a long time.

So, Instant Pot is a brand name, and the best known. Others have come after them, especially the slow cooker folks, who have seen sales tumble. Evidently Crock Pots pressure cooker is a pretty solid effort, from the last head to head I've seen. Unless you are cooking for a family of four, big eaters odds are pretty good a six quart will do you fine.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
So, Instant Pot is a brand name, and the best known. Others have come after them, especially the slow cooker folks, who have seen sales tumble. Evidently Crock Pots pressure cooker is a pretty solid effort, from the last head to head I've seen. Unless you are cooking for a family of four, big eaters odds are pretty good a six quart will do you fine.

We are a family of four. I try not to have too many leftovers though. One kid refuses to eat them, the other only eats certain things leftover, I'm somewhere in the middle and hubby will eat it all, lol.

Bonehead

Off topic but here goes. Anyone use an air fryer which brand and capacity ? I have cruised amazon but every one of the appliances has a significant number of negative reviews. What works for you ?

glhs837

Power with Control
Off topic but here goes. Anyone use an air fryer which brand and capacity ? I have cruised amazon but every one of the appliances has a significant number of negative reviews. What works for you ?

"Air Fryer"? Like Non-alcoholic beer.....

PeoplesElbow

I have use a small (probably smallest one) generic one. It actually does a great job on things like frozen onion rings and fries.

It is just a mini convection oven, nothing special about it.

MR47930

I have use a small (probably smallest one) generic one. It actually does a great job on things like frozen onion rings and fries.

It is just a mini convection oven, nothing special about it.
Same. Thought it worked great for fries and homemade chicken tenders.
Now I want an instant pot!
Not to get off topic again, but does anyone have or have tried a sous vide cooker? Seems like an awesome way to cook steaks and other red meat .

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I went overboard and got the Ultra 10 function. It has a bunch of presets that I don't care about because you can program it manually to pressure, slow cook, saute, etc, with low/med/high or set your own temp, and how many minutes.

6 qts is right for us. If we were a family of four, it would still be right; any more humans and we'd need a bigger pot.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Not to get off topic again, but does anyone have or have tried a sous vide cooker? Seems like an awesome way to cook steaks and other red meat .

I got my daughter a sous vide for Christmas and she uses it frequently. But she and the boyfriend are foodie cooking people who dream of having a professional kitchen set-up.

glhs837

Power with Control
https://www.thewickednoodle.com/instant-pot-lasagna/

Lasanga.jpg

Pic is mine from 20 minutes ago. You can pop it under the broiler, or maybe use a fancy chef blowtorch to brown the cheese. WE didnt bother. You know how lasagna is always better the second day after the flavors have time to get all together? Yeah, its like that right from the start.

MiaSia

https://thisoldgal.com/pressure-cooker-new-york-cheesecake/

This was the recipe I followed. Including the Tips link. Pic is mine. Wife and daughter inhaled thiers the next day, I saved a second piece of mine for the day after and it tasted even better.

View attachment 121469

First time I ever made a cheesecake that wasnt Jello Instant :) The only things I might do different is to actually heat the graham cracker crust instead of refrigerate it, and place it on a convex surface when covered in the fridge so condensation from the lid rolls down and away. But even at that, it was some of the best cheesecake I've ever had.

It looks soo delicious!!