Insurance for boarding facilities

highnote

For those of you who own boarding facilities... what company do you use for your insurance? And how much do you pay? And what does it cover (how many boarders, liability, property, etc)? I would just be doing boarding (no lessons). It is not covered in my homeowners, so I need to find a company that offers it inexpensively. I only have the space for a few horses (prefer only 2-3, but could make it work for 4-5), so it isn't worth opening the barn to boarders if I have to pay through the nose for insurance.

C

campinmutt

I am in calvert ..I use Marshall and assoc in Prince Frederick ...I have liability,$5000 insc on each horse...and covers contents of hay barn and tractors ect... it is combined with my homeowners so I can not give you an exact price but I pay about $2800 a year for house and barn ....then 4 (full coverage)vehicles and a 32'camper and a 3Hslant trailer for $2000year.it is United Farm and Family insc co...you can call robin marshall 410 586 2381

ladyhawk

For those of you who own boarding facilities... what company do you use for your insurance? And how much do you pay? And what does it cover (how many boarders, liability, property, etc)? I would just be doing boarding (no lessons). It is not covered in my homeowners, so I need to find a company that offers it inexpensively. I only have the space for a few horses (prefer only 2-3, but could make it work for 4-5), so it isn't worth opening the barn to boarders if I have to pay through the nose for insurance.

For those of you with boarding facilities in the Lusby area...
Please PM me with your information so I can put a list together.

Since we bought our place, we periodically get calls and people pulling up to our place inquiring about boarding. Then the only boarding facilities I know of are Mr. Foremans (usually full) and Cage Stables. It would be really nice to be able to give more than two options..

I'm not sure how much help my husband has been but if I put copies on the frig then either of us can hand them the list!

Thanks,
June

ladyhawk

Since we bought our place, we periodically get calls and people pulling up to our place inquiring about boarding. Then the only boarding facilities I know of are Mr. Foremans (usually full) and Cage Stables. It would be really nice to be able to give more than two options..

I'm not sure how much help my husband has been but if I put copies on the frig then either of us can hand them the list!

Thanks,
June

PS.. We could post the list here at the top of the forums as well!

fredsaid2

Thanks,
June

Riding & Boarding Stables - The Equiery

DQ2B

I have my insurance through Brethren Mutual. My insurance doubled when I decided to bring a boarder on so you really have to think hard about doing this. Mind you, I have only one boarder so obviously I do not board for profit. Additionally, my insurance will cover only up to 4 boarders if I remember correctly and if I wanted more than that it would again be a higher premium.